Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

DVDfab v9.0.5.6 for Mac: How does it work???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi there,

Already struggling for 2 days in a row, trying to make a BluRay disk-to-disk copy to an empty disk.

I bought the 'never expire' version of DVDfab Blu-Ray Copy for Mac 2 days ago

First of all, as a seasoned Mac user since 1984, I discovered that this program acts really strange...
    Normally, ALL OSX Mac programs in this Universe just quit if you give the CMD+Q keyboard command.
    DVDfab does NOT!!!
    DVDfab even displays this shortcut in the DVDfab menu on the top left of the OSX top menu bar (the one with the little apple on it), but whatever I try, CMD-Q does NOT quit DVDfab....
    . I can't even close the program AT ALL!!!!!

IMHO it's a serious bug that should not be there.
    Please fix it, as I now have to kill the program using 'Force Quit' (the 'emergency method', like Windows Control-Alt-Delete)
    Could v9.0.5.6 be a beta maybe?

Second, I have been able to make a Full Disk copy to the harddrive of my Macbook Pro 17 inch (running Mountain Lion v 10.8.4) which is equipped with a MATSHITA BD-MLT UJ267AM Blue-Ray writer,

BUT I can NOT make a disk-to-disk copy......

This is the procedure I follow to (try to) make a Blu-Ray disk-to-disk copy.

1) I start DVDfab (registered copy), there is a live internet connection
    2) I put in the original BluRay disk (source) in the internal BluRay drive of my Macbook.
    3) I select 'Copy' from the
    "Copy, Ripper, Converter, Creator" menu
    4) I select 'Clone/Burn' from the
    'Full Disk', Main Movie, Customize, Clone/Burn, To DVD" menu

- 'Source:' combo-box shows: /Volumes/The_Art_of_Flight which is the BluRay title]

- 'Backup Quantity' shows: 1

- Copy Mode shows: Clone

- 'Save to:' combo-box shows: MATSHITA BD-MLTUJ267AM (shows the BluRay drive name)

- 'Task Queue' shows a red '1'

Everything is ready to go, so I click the blue START button once....

Oops: a small window pops up, saying:
    "Please specify path of ImgBurn at first"

Well, where the heck do I enter that PATH???????????????

I personally don't care where DVDfab makes the (intermediate??) image file, as long as it makes one.

If anyone can help me out, that would be a great one!!!

Rgds

Tulipman
    Last edited by tulipman; 08-12-2013, 06:58 PM.

Moving your thread to the correct (Mac) forum.

Check your DVDFab Settings. You may have ImgBurn selected as the burn engiine and DVDFab can't find it. Try selecting "Internal" instead. Clone mode does not compress and will require a blank disc the same size as the original to make a copy.You can use any of the other copy modes to make a disc-to-disc copy and compress it to fit on a single layer blank.
    Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Hi there, Signals!

Thanks for the quick reply.

I checked the 'DVD Write' setting under 'Drives' and there is only one option:
      DVDFab Burning Engine. I cannot select 'Internal'

Also, keep in mind that Mac OS X does NOT support Blu-Ray discs.

Is there any other trick in your book?

Rgds

Tulipman

Originally posted by signals View Post
      Moving your thread to the correct (Mac) forum.

Check your DVDFab Settings. You may have ImgBurn selected as the burn engiine and DVDFab can't find it. Try selecting "Internal" instead. Clone mode does not compress and will require a blank disc the same size as the original to make a copy.You can use any of the other copy modes to make a disc-to-disc copy and compress it to fit on a single layer blank.

Comment

Which burning software are you using??

Question here:

Which BluRay burning sw are you using on your Mac??

Will Toast solve my problem??

Rgds

Robbert

Originally posted by tulipman View Post
        Hi there, Signals!

Thanks for the quick reply.

I checked the 'DVD Write' setting under 'Drives' and there is only one option:
        DVDFab Burning Engine. I cannot select 'Internal'

Also, keep in mind that Mac OS X does NOT support Blu-Ray discs.

Is there any other trick in your book?

Rgds

Tulipman

Comment

Working...
        X