Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Froze at "Logging In" on MAC version

Good Morning,

MAC version of the DVD Ripper was purchased 2 days ago. The application worked then. Now when I boot it up, it freezes on splash screen saying "logging in" and then I get a timeout message.

This is on the newest Mac Book Pro. Has this software been tested on the Mac Book Pro?

Moving your thread to the Fab for Mac forum for faster attention. Each release is tested on several Mac OS and platforms.
    Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Thanks for the move. I find it odd that this application freezes on the Mac. It's like the authentication servers are offline.

Comment

Hi Osi,

Please post the internal log, thanks.

The default location for log file is /User/<username>/Documents/DVDFab/Log

Regards,
        mona

Comment

Thanks for the reply. The log is attached to this post.
          Attached Files

Comment

Hi,

1. shutdown DVDFAB
            2. delete /Users/[your_mac_username]/Documents/DVDFab/Config_9.0.x.x/HKEY_CURRENT_USER.xml
            3. restart and register again
            best regards

freezbee

Comment

Ok, I have followed your steps. Still stuck at "logging in". On a side note, after placing that xml into the trashbin and emptying the trash, and rebooting. When I started up dvdfab, it didn't ask for login credentials ....

There is definitely a bug here.
              Last edited by Osi; 08-23-2013, 02:45 PM. Reason: license explaination

Comment

Hi Osi,

Please go to Applications>Activity Monitor>end the process of DVDFab, then trash the whole "DVDFab" folder under Documents, restart DVDFab to try again.

As for registration, please use your registered account and the password for login DVDFab member center(http://www.dvdfab.com/member.htm ) to register it again.

Regards,
                mona

Comment

Ok, I dumped the folder. Followed the instructions, and its working today. We'll see if it stops working the 2nd day like before.

The activity monitor is located under ... Launch Pad > Other > Utilities > Activity Monitor.

As for the registration part. I do not understand. Do customers need to buy/register two products in order to get one of them to work?

Comment

Working...
                  X