DVDFab MP4 files require conversion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DVD/BD Ripper DVDFab MP4 files require conversion

I'm having trouble with the MP4 files created by DVDFab, they require converting when played in Quicktime. It appears based on the thread linked below that the header information in the MP4 file may be different than what Mavericks is expecting.

Is there a fix coming for this? Or does anyone know of a work around?

Same issue here.

Comment

We got it .
      You can converted it to apple device. Quicktime should be able play the apple format. I think it may be the Qiuck time has some bug for playing mp4. You can use the VLC mac play the mp4.
      We should be fixed in near future, please wait.
      User Manual for DVDFab v10 (pdf)

DVDFab log default location:
      For Windows: C:\Users\User Name\Documents\DVDFab10\Log
      For Mac: Finder> Documents> DVDFab10> Log

DVDFab Player 5:
      For Windows:C:\Users\User Name\Documents\DVDFab Player 5\Log

Comment

Originally posted by Dora View Post
        We got it .
        You can converted it to apple device. Quicktime should be able play the apple format. I think it may be the Qiuck time has some bug for playing mp4. You can use the VLC mac play the mp4.
        We should be fixed in near future, please wait.
        How are we supposed to fix previously encoded movies? Re-encode them again? If so, rule #1, don't waste customers' time. How about an app to fix the issue with already ripped movies if it's just a container issue?

Comment

Originally posted by tazdevl
          When? FYI this is not an issue with QuickTime or 10.9. Mp4s encoded on dvddrcrypter, clonedvd, handbrake all play fine. This is a dvdfab issue.

Pls release tool to fix mp4 container issue. Customers shouldn't gave to waste time re-encoding movies due to a bug.
          We have known the issue.
          User Manual for DVDFab v10 (pdf)

DVDFab log default location:
          For Windows: C:\Users\User Name\Documents\DVDFab10\Log
          For Mac: Finder> Documents> DVDFab10> Log

DVDFab Player 5:
          For Windows:C:\Users\User Name\Documents\DVDFab Player 5\Log

Comment

Mind your manners devilboy.
            Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
            Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

As a paying customer, do I not have a right to complain and raise concerns? If not, I'll dispute the charge on my credit card, move on and never use software from fengtao again.

Issue is known, wasn't caught in QA, isn't fixed yet, based on the dvdfab trial period and embedded dvd fab logo, the company seems to think requiring customers to re-encode movies is a non-issue. As a customer, I'm telling you it's a PITA and waste of customers' time to have to re-encode movie/s.

This is called called customer input in product development, you should listen. If there's a way to fix the container without re-encoding, I'm sure every other mac customer, we're all dvdfab mac customers here, would appreciate it.

And if I started throwing out indirect insults, I could see where that could be considered poor manners.

Comment

Originally posted by tazdevl View Post
                As a paying customer, do I not have a right to complain and raise concerns? If not, I'll dispute the charge on my credit card, move on and never use software from fengtao again.
                I posted about my inability to even successfully convert to mp4 after getting the runaround from tech support. My post was deleted. Now I can't even do a copy of the BD Movie. No refund per their fine print. I'm done with this software. Lost my money. But gained experience. I dare them to not delete this post, but to respond to it with sincerity.

Comment

I can't get QuickTime to play a darn thing on my Windows without requesting additional components, what a POS!
                  How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
                  Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by 90312 View Post
                    I can't get QuickTime to play a darn thing on my Windows without requesting additional components, what a POS!
                    Pretty sure this is a mac product forum. No additional components being requested in mavericks aka osx 10.9, just converts immediately to .mov before playback occurs. My guess devs missed something in the sdk with the container. Given the level of integration and support of mp4s by apple, this should be a non-issue.

Comment

I pretty sure I don't need you to tell me where I am. Dora said it's a known issue so give it a rest, it will be fixed. In the mean time download DVDFab Media Player it will probably play them for you, but I don't know about those off brand computers .

Albert Einstein

Comment

And Quicktime IS a POS.

The Vidon.me FREE App on the iPad proves this...
                        "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

Originally posted by GregiBoy View Post
                          And Quicktime IS a POS.

The Vidon.me FREE App on the iPad proves this...
                          That's true, awesome APP will play any kind of file on the iPad, but even the iPad's native video player will play mp4s made by 9.1.1.9 so there's not much if anything wrong with the files but still won't play on QuickTime.

Albert Einstein

Comment

MP4 Subtitle

Quick Time Player Only supports Text Tracks. Please select Render subtitles into the video or remove subtitles and try again.

Please refer to the

Page 35

Comment

Working...
                            X