Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Optimizing DVD Fab

Good day,

I have been using DVDFab for quite a while now and I think I am not using it to its fullest. I have a few lingering issues I would love to get some assistance on.

A) When in insert a BlueRay disc and have DVDFab open it scans the disc and auto-selects a title for me that it wants to rip. I always just go with the one it suggests. There are a few times where it has selected a version with the Director's voice over or spanish captions, etc. I really can't tell from the list of titles on the discs which one would be the best to rip. For example, when I ripped Star Wars Episode III the opening back story that rolls up the screen is in Spanish yet the dialog is in English. Are there suggestions for getting this right?

B) I really would prefer to have a setting that correctly places forced sub-titles on the screen without needing to know. Sometimes, I am not aware there will be a significant amount of sub-titles when I go to rip it and find out much later when I finally go to watch it that they are missing. For example, Dawn of the Planet of the Apes.

C) I really must not understand what the settings are for the 5.1 surround sound track to properly encode. Any movie I buy from iTunes and watch on my AppleTVs sounds great. However, it seems all discs that I have ripped have far less subwoofer, surround tracks, etc. How can I ensure the sound track is on par with the ones downloaded from iTunes?

Thanks, Steve

In response:

A) The title selection has been improved and in most cases gets it right. On a few discs where it does not, the best procedure is to use the Preview feature to see what audio and subs streams are contained in the title.

B) This has been requested and (especially for Blu-ray) is not practical on an automatic basis due to the amount of time it would add to the analysis for many discs where it would be of no benefit. Some type of manual "deep scan" of content may be possible at some point in the future.

C) You can use the Copy Audio function in Ripper to get the identical audio stream that is on the original disc. This will make the output file much larger (as much as 4+ GB larger in some cases) than if you re-encode the audio (see capture), and this approach also has playability issues on some devices.
    Attached Files
    Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Working...
    X