Newest Version Freezes Completely When Loading Disk

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newest Version Freezes Completely When Loading Disk

This problem still persists. Months ago, I reverted back to DVD Fab 9 from 10 (DVDCopy) because I had an issue where upon inserting a disk, the application completely freezes. No error message, no response. Just freezes. Doesn't matter what disk and doesn't matter how I load it (auto read disk, giant + sign in middle of window, the +Add button on the upper left, etc.). I also tried disabling PathPlayer and trying again. No luck. Tried Full Disk, Main Movie, etc. Nothing.

After experiencing an issue in 9 with "The Circle" where it just won't finish reading the disk (just keeps processing), I re-downloaded 10 and it still does the same thing. Complete freeze.

This is very frustrating.

I am using an older iMac, but it's still running great. The only difference is that I am using an external SuperDrive rather than the in-unit reader, but EVERY other disk I have tried, including new movies, have read fine. And other movies continue to read fine even after "The Circle", so I know it's not the drive.

Looking for suggestions on what to do, but I really don't like that I can't upgrade because it simply doesn't work.

have you tried checking for a firmware update for your dvd drive ??
    make sure that your computer has all the latest updates .
    also please post all the dvdfab internal log files
    Last edited by october262; 11-14-2017, 04:15 AM.

Comment

I will try the driver update, but given that other disks (including new disks out at the same time as Circle) work fine, I don't believe it's a Firmware issue. Computer is updated. I would post the log files, but given that the disk won't even process to the point where I can get it started, I don't believe there would be a log file.

After trying multiple methods, I finally wound up getting the disk to read late last night. I had to open the SuperDrive folder on the iMac, and drag & drop the Video_TS, Audio_TS and Jacket_TS folders into the DVDFab 10 window and they processed fine.

It (DVDFab) would not allow me to select "Main Movie", and instead only allowed me to proceed using the Full Disk option. Even with that, I would press start, and get a "Process Failed" message pretty quickly.

One time it did allow me to send the failure onto DVDFab using the automated window that pops up.

Not sure what else to try.

Comment

Hello Singact02,

Please specify the movie disc in problem:
        full title:
        region code:
        release date:
        type: (Blu-Ray or regular DVD)
        the buy link where you purchased the movie disc or the UPC code on the disc's case:

Also, please open the movie disc on your mac, open the Video_TS folder, and then copy all the ifo files to a new folder. Zip this new folder and send it to us.

Regards,
        mona

Comment

Hi All,

Please upgrade to DVDFab for Mac 10.0.7.7 version to load and try again.

Regards,
          Mona

Comment

All,
            If you have MacOS 10.13 "High Sierra", it is trying too hard to protect you. Please read and follow the steps in this post to correct it: https://forum.dvdfab.cn/forum/softwa...7Eofficial-fix
            Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
            Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Working...
            X