Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DVDFab causes mac to always stay on

Hi,

I am new to the DVDFAB mac version, so i cannot say from which did this start but i noticed that as long as dvdfab is open then it will not allow my mac to "sleep". If i leave my mac unattended the screen will always stay on until i close DVDFAB. I have a macbook pro with os x 10.13.1

In the Windows version, and I suspect yours as well, you can tell DVDFab what to do when it completes its tasks. This is done after you click Start from the Task Queue Manager page, as shown here:

Click image for larger version  Name:	1-011 SHUTDOWN.png Views:	1 Size:	25.0 KB ID:	344505

Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Hi signals,

the mac version does have that, which i am using at the moment, just sometimes i forget to set that and my mac will stay on for the time it is unattended which can sometimes be hours. This is a short term solution, but i think the devs should look into this

Comment

Originally posted by robojock View Post
        Hi signals,

the mac version does have that, which i am using at the moment, just sometimes i forget to set that and my mac will stay on for the time it is unattended which can sometimes be hours. This is a short term solution, but i think the devs should look into this
        This is an known issue. Thank you for your report.

Regards,
        mona

Comment

Originally posted by Mona View Post

This is an known issue. Thank you for your report.

Regards,
          mona
          Hi Mona,

This issue was reported more than a year ago, many releases later and it is still not fixed. For me it's a big problem as i do a lot of conversions and the screen stays on for the duration of the conversions which can be hours and i don't think that can be healthy for the screen. In fact i even think dvdfab is to blame for the graphics card failure my macbook pro had recently. I have even tried setting a screen saver to run after a few minutes, if dvdfab is running then the screensaver also does not come on. Of all the apps that i have used dvdfab is the only known app to cause this issue.

**Edit**

After posting this i found a workable solution through "hot corners" you can setup the mac to do certain things if you move the mouse to one of the corners on the screen. Here are the steps.
          How to Set Up a Hot Corner to Lock Your Screen Manually

Next, set up a Hot Corner so you can quickly activate the screen saver when you leave your computer.
          1. From the Apple menu, choose System Preferences.
          2. Click Desktop & Screen Saver.
          3. Click Screen Saver, and then click Hot Corners.
          4. Click the list next to the corner of the screen you want to use as a hot corner and select Start Screen Saver, and then click OK.
          5. Close the System Preferences window.
          Last edited by robojock; 12-02-2018, 08:00 PM. Reason: Solution found after, posting

Comment

UPDATE: the problem is resolved, please kindly update to the latest DVDFab for mac to try again.

Comment

Hi Mona, i tested using the latest version available for mac 11.0.4.3 and unfortunately it still doesn't work. DVDFab still prevents the monitor from sleeping after it has done.

Comment

try clicking common settings - general settings - uncheck " prevent standby/hibernation/screensaver when processing "
                try that and see if that helps.

Comment

Working...
                X