Command line /SRC Switch does not support spaces or escapes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Command line /SRC Switch does not support spaces or escapes

While trying to get concurrent copy to iso working, I've been experimenting with the command line, and found that the string handling of the comamnd line arguments does not support spaces or standard unix escapes.

Both the following fail with the same error:

Command Lines (my highlighting):
    /Applications/DVDFab\ 10.app/Contents/MacOS/DVDFab /MODE "FULLDISC" "/SRC /Volumes/E25P2 Some Title" /TITLE AUTO /DEST "/Users/MadMac89/Movies/Test.iso" /CLOSE
    /Applications/DVDFab\ 10.app/Contents/MacOS/DVDFab /MODE "FULLDISC" /SRC /Volumes/E25P2\ Some\ Title /TITLE AUTO /DEST "/Users/MadMac89/Movies/Test.iso" /CLOSE
    /Applications/DVDFab\ 10.app/Contents/MacOS/DVDFab /MODE "FULLDISC" "/SRC /Volumes/E25P2\ Some\ Title" /TITLE AUTO /DEST "/Users/MadMac89/Movies/Test.iso" /CLOSE

Same failure to command line:
    chmod: Invalid file mode: /Volumes/E25P2

Unfortunately, I can't think of another way around this, aside from using URL escape sequences - which should not work. This makes the command line interface unusable for a large and unknown quantity of source material.

Requests:
    1) Can anyone think of a work around for the Mac?
    2) Can Engineering file this as a bug?

Sorry for the problem, I have forwarded a link to your thread to the Product Manager.
    Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Correction - When obfuscating the commands, I put the first quote in the wrong place - These reflect the way the originals were quoted. This will not be difficult to replicate.

/Applications/DVDFab\ 10.app/Contents/MacOS/DVDFab /MODE "FULLDISC" /SRC "/Volumes/E25P2 Some Title" /TITLE AUTO /DEST "/Users/MadMac89/Movies/Test.iso" /CLOSE
      /Applications/DVDFab\ 10.app/Contents/MacOS/DVDFab /MODE "FULLDISC" /SRC "/Volumes/E25P2\ Some\ Title" /TITLE AUTO /DEST "/Users/MadMac89/Movies/Test.iso" /CLOSE

Comment

Working...
      X