Why is ISO copy protected?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why is ISO copy protected?

I put together a "movie" using Blu-Ray Creator. It would not burn to disc [see prior post] so I spent more hours building it again.
    This time I generated an ISO file to burn to disc using Apple's burn image to disc function.
    That would not play on my TV through either of my Blu-Ray players.

I tried looking at it through Handbrake and a quick message went by about copy protection.

The DVD label has the name of the ISO file suffixed with "_#1EDC". From "Doug Vol 1" to "Doug Vol 1_#EDC".

I looked up EDC and from Wikipedia, it looks like it is copy protected.

Why would DVDFab do that???
    I didn't see any option to copy protect.
    These are my own videos I took at music events that I am putting on one menu driven Blu-Ray DVD. One of our musicians died and we are going to do a memorial service showing his music in the background.

Has anyone else had this problem?
    Thank you

DVDFab did not do it. There is an option to leave copy protection on Clone-mode ISOs, but there is no funny file suffix. Check the Sources you used in creator, possibly some of them had DRM. If you can locate the specific log session where your Blu-ray Creator output was made, it would help to attach it to a post as shown here: http://forum.dvdfab.cn/showpost.php?...40&postcount=5. Try playback of your creation on your computer before burning it to disc, using DVDFab Media Player or VLC (you could verify the Source files that way also).
    Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Thank you for your response.

This was a menu driven movie built using your Blu-Ray Creator. They are all my own personal videos from my own camcorder. I have used other software to create DVDs like this with no problem at all.

I tried to play back using VLC which was the first clue that the ISO was protected. It failed.

I do not have have DVDFab Media Player that I can see.

The suffix was generated when I used Mac burn image to disc function to burn the ISO to disc which I could not do in DVDFab.

Which of the many log files should I look for. Most don't go back to when I used DVDFab to generate the ISO.

Tried to upload a PDF and RTFD. Both failed.

Comment

Working...
      X