DVD Full Disc Copy shrinks output 30%

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DVD Copy DVD Full Disc Copy shrinks output 30%

I'm using DVD-Copy (Mac). Note: Copy, not Ripper.

When I choose Full Disc mode, the UI tells me it is shrinking the output size to 70% (30% shrinkage). How can this be, if this is a "copy", not a rip or re-encode. It takes roughly an hour to "copy" a DVD. That seems way too long. I suspect re-encoding is going on but I'm at a loss to find (eg) any encoding parameters in the UI.

Moving your thread to the Fab for Mac forum. What is your setting for the size of the output disc--i.e. DVD5 or DVD9? If it is set for DVD9, there may be some problem with the decryption of the disc such that unplayable content is being included in the output. Please attach the DVDFab internal log session for this disc.

DVDFab does not actually re-encode the content to compress it, a different technique is used which is much faster but still takes longer than copying the no compression.
    Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

I had it set to DVD5. When I set it to DVD9, it copies 100%. I didn't think to change that setting, as I didn't realize "copy" would mean anything other than bit-for-bit copy. All working now.

Comment

Glad to hear it is normal now. The only thing that copies bit-for-bit in DVDFab is Clone mode.
        Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
        Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Working...
        X