Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Language and Subtitle Stream pre-selection doesn't work in Converter module.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Video Converter Language and Subtitle Stream pre-selection doesn't work in Converter module.

I have configured my DVDFAB MAC so that two language streams and two subtitle streams are pre-selected when ripping Blu-rays. This works perfectly.
    But when I then later convert these ripped files to MKV.HEVC (H265), then the language streams are not automatically selected, and I always have to enable all the ripped streams manually.
    Could the developers please take a look at this and enable the same language stream preselection in Converter module, that works so nicely in the Ripper module?

Hi Zorny, when you say 'not automatically selected' do you mean that DVDFab does not include them when using Converter?
    Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Well, what I mean is this: if I pre-select two languages in the settings and later I start a Blu-Ray rip, then the software preselects exactly the two language streams that I have previously pre-selecetd in the settings (audio and subtitles).
      So, the ripped file contais exactly tha language streams I want.
      Then, if I convert the ripped file to MKV.HEVC in a second step, the Converter module does not pre-select all the language streams in the ripped file, but only the first language stream (audio as well as subtitles) is pre-selected.
      So, if I want my two language streams in the final result, I have to manually select the streams, although I have configured them in the settings.
      I hope this clarifies the situation.

Comment

Any ideas...? ;-)

Comment

Originally posted by Zorny View Post
          Well, what I mean is this: if I pre-select two languages in the settings and later I start a Blu-Ray rip, then the software preselects exactly the two language streams that I have previously pre-selecetd in the settings (audio and subtitles).
          So, the ripped file contais exactly tha language streams I want.
          Then, if I convert the ripped file to MKV.HEVC in a second step, the Converter module does not pre-select all the language streams in the ripped file, but only the first language stream (audio as well as subtitles) is pre-selected.
          So, if I want my two language streams in the final result, I have to manually select the streams, although I have configured them in the settings.
          I hope this clarifies the situation.
          Hi Zorny, currently that settings do not effect on Video Converter section, it's by design. May I ask why you don't convert the Blu-ray directly to MKV.HEVC (H265) but Ripper first and then convert?

Comment

Hi Mona, it's a question of time foe me. ;-)
            Ripping a Blu-ray disc takes approximately 20-30 minutes here, converting it to HEVC takes 3-5 hours. Sometimes I have a bundle of discs and need to return them to the owner the next day, so I usually first rip them all, return them to their owner, and then let the computer convert them to HEVC the next one or two days.

Comment

Hi Mona, it's a question of time for me. ;-)
              Ripping a Blu-ray disc takes approximately 20-30 minutes here, converting it to HEVC takes 3-5 hours. Sometimes I have a bundle of discs and need to return them to the owner the next day, so I usually first rip them all, return them to their owner, and then let the computer convert them to HEVC the next one or two days.

Comment

Originally posted by Mona View Post

Hi Zorny, currently that settings do not effect on Video Converter section, it's by design.
                Hi Zorny, we will implement this feature in the future version of DVDFab. Please kindly wait for update. Changes will be shown in the change log.

Comment

Hi Mona, that's brilliant, this will be a very welcome new feature. Looking forward! Thank you guys! :-)

Comment

Working...
                  X