Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Updated to macOS Big Sur and now I can't choose Video Toolbox! (Version 11.0.7.5)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Updated to macOS Big Sur and now I can't choose Video Toolbox! (Version 11.0.7.5)

I posted about this back in the middle of September. It didn't work on the beta, I guess it never got fixed....

Comment

The macOS Big Sur is currently under QA test, thanks.

Comment

On the new M1 MacBook Air you still can't select the video toolbox....

Comment

Originally posted by martythebrit View Post
          On the new M1 MacBook Air you still can't select the video toolbox....
          To confirm, the video toolbox here means the Video Editor window, right?

Comment

Originally posted by Mona View Post

To confirm, the video toolbox here means the Video Editor window, right?
            That is wrong. Video toolbox is in the settings window/AV Codec. That is where you pick video toolbox for acceleration.

Comment

jarjarjar is correct....

Comment

No, the AV Codec page in DVDFab Settings is where you turn GPU acceleration on and off and set GPU or CPU for encoding and decoding. Is that what you can’t find?
                Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
                Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Signals, it's a Mac thing, under H.265 Video Encoder you have VideoToolbox, which we can't select, I've attached a screenshot. This option isn't on the PC version...
                  Attached Files

Comment

Signals, it's a Mac thing, under H.265 Video Encoder you have VideoToolbox, which we can't select, I've attached a screenshot. This option isn't on the PC version...
                    go back into common settings - general settings - click the factory default setting button
                    in the lower left corner of the general settings area, restart dvdfab and see if the video toolbox is now selectable.

Comment

No, same thing...

Comment

No, same thing...
                        make sure that your choosing either the DVD Ripper, Blu-ray ripper or the video converter module - https://www.dvdfab.cn/videotoolbox.htm

Comment

There is only one "section" for A/V Codec, there isn't one for each operation type...

Comment

What would be nice is a rewrite for Apple Silicon which is the future of Mac's. This is the way, I have spoken.....

Comment

Originally posted by october262 View Post

make sure that your choosing either the DVD Ripper, Blu-ray ripper or the video converter module - https://www.dvdfab.cn/videotoolbox.htm
                              martythebritt is correct, you can NOT select videotoolbox! It’s broken under Big Sur and that means it’s broken on the M1 as it runs Big Sur. No reset/restart or anything else will fix it.

Comment

Working...
                              X