This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

v23 Installed on MacOS Mojave 10.14.16 Can't Read Disc

I have installed v11, and then upgrades to the v12, but the software can't read the DVDs despite multiple install attempts. I followed the fix in the below post, but the problem persists:

Not sure what next steps should be or if I have any options besides an uninstall at this point. If I try to open a disc the software freezes and the only solution is a force quit. Log files attached.
    Attached Files

The log indicates I/O problems. Make sure you have followed all the steps in the link you posted. The staff will try to duplicate the problem when the office reopens Monday Beijing time.
    Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Yes, I followed #2 in the link: 2. For users who have installed DVDFab 10/DVDFab 11 but the software doesn't work

I see the pop-up shown, and click the repair button, at which point I am prompted for my system pwd, which I enter and the screen clears. Nothing further occurs, I do NOT get the remaining: Click the "Repair" button, and after a while, the Security & Privacy window of Mac will pop out. Click the "Allow" and "Repair" button at the lower part on the window, and the problem should be fixed completely.

I also attempted the terminal fixex, neither worked:

cd /Applications/DVDFab\ 12.app/Contents/MacOS/
      iMac:MacOS user$ ./fs.sh
      -bash: ./fs.sh: No such file or directory

Password:
      bash-3.2# cd /Library/Extensions
      bash-3.2# chown -R root:wheel fabio.kext
      bash-3.2# chmod 755 fabio.kext
      bash-3.2# kextload fabio.kext
      /Library/Extensions/fabio.kext failed to load - (libkern/kext) system policy prevents loading; check the system/kernel logs for errors or try kextutil(8).
      bash-3.2#

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	access to documents.png
Views:	559
Size:	129.6 KB
ID:	387388
        Please go to Privacy to set access for DVDFab 12 to try again.

Comment

I don't see a Files and Folders under Privacy. There is a DVDFab12 option in Automation under privacy which was not enabled. I enabled it, and after restarting the application I'm still getting the same Repair pop-up so that did not fix the issue:

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2020-12-06 at 10.23.46 PM.png
Views:	583
Size:	234.6 KB
ID:	387391

Comment

I should add when I first installed I received a warning that the install was attempting to install or access something which I initially denied. Further attempts at reinstall I did not receive this warning. The fact that there is no Files and Folders in my security and privacy settings I believe means it has not been requested by the app, how can I correct that?

Comment

Update: I uninstalled the app, including deleting library/extensions/fabio.kext, reinstalled, and then after launching and hitting the repair button on the popup window and entering my system pwd the Security and Privacy window finally came up. I had to unlock to make setting changes on the General tab, and then I finally received the option to allow the app. Seems to be working now...

Comment

Glad to hear that. I could not live with security like that, too aggressive!
                Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
                Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Originally posted by tyrenta View Post
                  Update: I uninstalled the app, including deleting library/extensions/fabio.kext, reinstalled, and then after launching and hitting the repair button on the popup window and entering my system pwd the Security and Privacy window finally came up. I had to unlock to make setting changes on the General tab, and then I finally received the option to allow the app. Seems to be working now...
                  I have exactly the same problem, but I cannot get this fix to work. Repair just opens up Security and nothing to click.

Comment

Originally posted by boomhaueruk View Post

I have exactly the same problem, but I cannot get this fix to work. Repair just opens up Security and nothing to click.
                    We notice your message on another thread, we will close this thread, please update on the other one. Thanks.

Comment

Working...
                    X