Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cannot authorize DVDFab for Mac since I have WIndows licenses on the same account

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cannot authorize DVDFab for Mac since I have WIndows licenses on the same account

After (way too) many discussions with DVDFab support, they have agreed to convert some of my Mac licences to Windows, because the Mac version has some serious limitations.
    However, since they have added Windows licenses to my account, when I try to authorize my Mac, it does not work, although I have 4 licenses left!
    It used to work OK. My Mac got de-authorized after DVD support added WIndows licenses to my account and I downloaded the new DVDFab for Mac version (12.0.1.4).

Here is the license situation on my account:
    Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture d’écran 2020-12-29 à 11.50.41.png
Views:	338
Size:	159.7 KB
ID:	388171

And here is the license info showed by DVDFab 12.0.1.4 after I (try to) authorize it using the same account:

Name:	Capture d’écran 2020-12-29 à 11.51.04.png
Views:	373
Size:	148.8 KB
ID:	388170
    Attached Files

It looks like they did just as you requested, converting you Mac licenses to Windows, although it seems your additional pc authorizations were not converted. What did you anticipate would be the outcome? Please clarify.
    Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

I am supposed to have 4 Mac authorizations and 2 Windows authorizations.
      I can authorize ZERO Mac.

Comment

It seems that you should wind up with 4 Windows and zero Mac licenses since you asked that the Mac be converted Windows. Is this what you wanted? I will ask the Team leader if this was their understanding.
        Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
        Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Originally posted by jeromec View Post
          I am supposed to have 4 Mac authorizations and 2 Windows authorizations.
          I can authorize ZERO Mac.
          Hi jeromec, I have checked with the support that talked to you before, she has updated all your license from Mac to Windows. There is no license for Mac version with your account anymore.
          Those Multi-PC authorizations don't work alone, which means, if you don't own a license for the Mac version of DVDFab products, you won't be able to activate the products on your Mac.

If you are interested in multi-platform use, you may consider DVDFab 365.

Comment

Thank you Mona, but the information that the support gave you is not true.
            Here is what now appears for my licenses, there are 4 Mac licenses available.

Name:	Capture d’écran 2020-12-31 à 16.19.08.png
Views:	316
Size:	198.6 KB
ID:	388303

Support (Vincent Zheng), after I requested a refund (less than 30 days after purchase) because the Mac version is lacking features and has bugs (see my other posts), suggested that I converted Mac authorizations to Windows until these issues are solved, which was OK for me.
            But once they add 1 Win license to my account, the authorization of my Mac fails. THIS IS CLEARLY A BUG IN YOUR AUTHORIZATION SYSTEM and I strongly suggest you solve it.
            So we agreed to put 2 Win licenses on a different account and keep 4 Mac licenses on the original account (same total of 6 as when I purchased).

That was the situation yesterday.

Today support (still Vincent Zheng), tells me they have to keep at least 1 Windows license on my account. WHICH DOES NOT MAKE SENSE AT ALL - there used to be 0 WIndows license on this account, which was the only way to avoid Mac authorization failing.
            So they left one Windows license on the account.. AND OF COURSE I STILL CANNOT AUTHORIZE JUST 1 MAC although your system says I have 4 licenses available.

I am very unhappy with this situation and all the time I have spent exchanging with support.
            And I cannot even use the product I paid for, which included 6 Mac licenses, on 1 Mac!!
            Attached Files

Comment

Working...
            X