Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

DVDFab for Mac is useless if you have a M1 Mac!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I got the same information from Vivian Wang the 18th September that support for M1 should come within 30 days.

Comment

So the questions is, Mona, why should I renew my subscription for DVDFab if you still have no estimated time for release for M1?

Comment

I got a message from Beijing on 29 September that M1 chips should be supported now.
        Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
        Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

StreamFab has supported M1, not DVDFab 12.
          Things are more complicated in DVDFab 12 than the StreamFab regarding the M1, so the developer needs more time. Sorry for any inconvenience caused in this case.

Comment

The inconvenience caused is all on DVDFab. You have had plenty of time to rewrite this application to work with the M1 chip. What are you going to do when PC's switch to an ARM chip? Microsoft has a Windows 11 version for ARM already. When something needs to be fixed for Windows it gets done fast. The Mac version is an after thought and might or might not get fixed. I am tired of hearing excuses. Just fix the Mac version as fast as you fix Windows versions.

Comment

Mona the issue is the M1 dev kit/SDK has been out for well over a year and the arrival of both the M1 hardware + OS has been well communicated by Apple… so this is not a mystery. However, someone there hasn’t been doing BASIC product management to stay ahead of the curve. That’s where everyone’s frustration is coming from. DVDFab’s dev should’ve been focused on this a long time ago.

My only advice is at this point is it’s better to get It right than get it done fast.

Comment

Originally posted by Mona View Post

There could be some misunderstanding, as there is no estimated time available regarding the M1 version of DVDFab 12 yet.
                Could you share a little better regular communication (transparency) with us about this problem? Is there one portion of the program that you're having difficulty with, or is it that the programmers don't really have a clue as to how to come up with an M1 product? It's been a year since Apple introduced the M1 and next week, Apple will be introducing the M1X chip. I'd almost rather hear that DVDFab just can't come up with a solution for the silicon chips than coming back every month to hear that it's on its way but we just don't know when. Thank you.
                Peace, Jim

TV: Sony XBR-70X850B; Receiver: Yamaha RX-A3060; Speakers: KEF 7.2 Surround; NAS Server: Synology DS2411+; Home Theater: NUC8i7 Windows 10; DMS: Updated to v2.0.2.1 Beta; Zappiti:One 4K HDR; Connection: Direct Gigabit Ethernet

Comment

There could be some misunderstanding, as there is no estimated time available regarding the M1 version of DVDFab 12 yet.
                  Really?
                  Attached Files

Comment

StreamFab has supported M1, not DVDFab 12.
                    Things are more complicated in DVDFab 12 than the StreamFab regarding the M1, so the developer needs more time. Sorry for any inconvenience caused in this case.
                    and what's complicated? Handbrake has been running natively on M1 for a year!

Comment

Originally posted by winna View Post

and what's complicated? Handbrake has been running natively on M1 for a year!
                      This is reminiscent of what DVDFab did to its DVDFab Movie Server patrons. There have been no updates to its flawed DMS in over a year now and no "meaningful" conversation for the DVDFab staff since long before the Covid 19 thing started. No one was buying the Server so there appeared to be no interest in following up on any of the problems many of us have had and have been asking for help for years. In my mind, sending emails saying "send us your log" and "we can't replicate this" are not meaningful responses. Other servers like Zappiti and Zidoo have fixed most of the issues we've had and continue to offer updates on a regular basis.
                      Peace, Jim

TV: Sony XBR-70X850B; Receiver: Yamaha RX-A3060; Speakers: KEF 7.2 Surround; NAS Server: Synology DS2411+; Home Theater: NUC8i7 Windows 10; DMS: Updated to v2.0.2.1 Beta; Zappiti:One 4K HDR; Connection: Direct Gigabit Ethernet

Comment

Originally posted by JimS View Post

This is reminiscent of what DVDFab did to its DVDFab Movie Server patrons. There have been no updates to its flawed DMS in over a year now and no "meaningful" conversation for the DVDFab staff since long before the Covid 19 thing started. No one was buying the Server so there appeared to be no interest in following up on any of the problems many of us have had and have been asking for help for years. In my mind, sending emails saying "send us your log" and "we can't replicate this" are not meaningful responses. Other servers like Zappiti and Zidoo have fixed most of the issues we've had and continue to offer updates on a regular basis.
                        https://www.easefab.com/mac-blu-ray-ripper/ has M1 support

Comment

Working...
                        X