Playing Folders

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Playing Folders

The product page says it supports playing "folders". So far I can't make it do that. I especially would like to play folders made from DVDCopy. It does play the VOB files fine but not one after another.

Can we get rid of the registration screen that keeps popping up after you have already registered then goes away?

I do like the player a lot. VERY streamlined interface with no crapware married to it!

It will have that ability but I'm not sure it is working yet. I can't get it to work for folders either and that is how I store all my DVD and BD content. I am checking on it.

If you tell windows to open the VIDEO_TS.IFO file with the Media Player exe it will play the menus and the movie. This is a pain, I am sure it will be in the player GUI soon.
    Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Not a very good start. You really need to put out an email to the folks that pre-ordered. I got the download email this morning, installed and ...

Trying to play a Bluray unless you know the correct .m2ts is difficult and impossible with branching.

Comment

You can't select .IFO files because the application only will show VOB files as anything you can select. It filters out.IFO and .BUP files from the selction list. If what you say its true folder mode should select the .IFO and work once you say you want a folder else default to all the files it can support in whatever order they can be played.

Also NOTE if you define the player as the default application for a VOB file it won't really play them but it tries and fails. It would appear no command line options are supported either.

All my testing is Win 7 - 64 bit

Comment

PaulVA

You play the IFOs by navigating to the VIDEO_TS.IFO file in Windows explorer and right clicking and selecting Open with... then navigate to the Media Player exe file to open it. It should play VOBs if they are decrypted, but it won't stitch them together, you have to play the VIDEO_TS.IFO file for that.

They are working on improvements to playing from folders.
          Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
          Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

It does work with the video_ts.ifo using "open with" and "open with" seems to work with a single .vob too.

Comment

Working...
            X