Buggy!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Buggy!

Received note today to install my already-paid-for DVDFab Media Player. I did that and tried the program out. It started OK and played a disk resident movie or two. It also asked for my DVDFab email and password to register it. I put that info in but it appeared not to do anything with it. When I checked my registered products on the DVDFab web page, Media Player was not listed.

Also - whenever you hit anyone of the 4 icons on the top-right program window area, the program promptly closes. Error 157 came up in a dialog box.

When you restart the program, it asks for your registration info - again.

Hasn't this thing been sufficiently tested?

I think it is not really asking you for it again, it is checking it via the internet, so it takes a second or two. I think this will be cleared up. The buttons that make it crash now worked in the previous beta, so hopefully it will be a quick fix.
    Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Hi President:
      We fixed the problem that Media Player is not listed in the Member page. Please try again. For the others, we are improving.

Comment

Registration and "buttons"

Thanks for jumping in everyone.

Registration issues:

The Media Player now shows up in my DVDFab registered product lineup on the web site but it has no check mark next to it like theother products. Also - when the Media Player first opens up, it always displays a dialog box asking to buy or register - that box lasts about 5 seconds.

Button issues: these continue - there are 4 buttons that can be selected at the top right but no text appears when you mouseover them so I can only guess what they do. The first is a camera symbol, I assume to take a still shot, the second looks like a speaker, the third is a text symbol - probably for subtitles, and the fourth I can't really tell what it is. None of these work - they all cause the program to crash.

It's disconcerting to buy a product that supposed to blow away the PowerDVD competition, only to find out that it's nowhere near ready for prime time.

Comment

Has anyone had success playing blurays? For me it either shuts down/crashes with some discs, or just doesn't do anything at all with others.

Comment

I have had good success playing discs, but I normally use the "quick and simple" option. See the note about disc menu playback in the release notes.

Start a new thread next time rather than take over one on another subject. They are free.
            Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
            Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Still full of bugs

Still displays registration screen on start - why?

Also still crashes when the buttons are pressed for subtitles, etc.

Have downloaded and tried 1.0.1.3

Comment

The registration box thing was changed in the v1.0.1.3 release and I have not seen it since installing it. I think if you are not registered it will continue to show up. To register it you must have created an account to use the Member center on the DVDFab website and Media Player must show up on the list when you log in there.

Comment

Dear Signals - I am registered and do see the Media Player in my list of registered DVDFab programs.

Comment

Hi Pres.

If all that is good, then I don't have much else to offer you unless the problem is lack of clean internet access. I will make sure the QA Team sees this thread. Sorry you are having a problem. They may ask for log files, but I'm not sure which one to tell you to post, so re-check the thread over the next 24 hours.

////EDIT//// Please use the "Manage Attachments" button below the post editing window to attach the HS_internal.log file.

Comment

Hi Signals - the latest version, 1.0.1.5, seems to have worked out for me. Appreciate the support - maybe it was something in my system, maybe the program - don't know but won't argue with success!

Comment

Working...
                      X