Crashing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Crashing

I uninstalled the beta version and installed the new 1.0.1.0 version, but it crashes every time I launch the Media Player. I get this error, but what's weird is the application Version showed below is 1.0.0.2. Did someone compile the wrong version?

Problem signature:
    Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
    Application Name: DVDFabMediaPlayer.exe
    Application Version: 1.0.0.2
    Application Timestamp: 4ff6c756
    Fault Module Name: ntdll.dll
    Fault Module Version: 6.1.7601.17725
    Fault Module Timestamp: 4ec49b8f
    Exception Code: c0000005
    Exception Offset: 000300fa
    OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.48
    Locale ID: 1033
    Additional Information 1: 0a9e
    Additional Information 2: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789
    Additional Information 3: 0a9e
    Additional Information 4: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789

Mine crashes when I try to play a bluray. It recognizes it, but when it tries to play it, it promptly crashes and shuts down. Seems to be ok when playing regular dvd's.

Comment

crashes on open the player software

I installed the DVDFabMediaPlayer1.0.1.1Beta and it still crashes on open the media player software. I get this message in the player.log file. I also attached my dump file.

06:28:50 T:1384 ERROR: special://masterprofile/guisettings.xml, Line 0
      Failed to open file
      06:28:50 T:1384 ERROR: Unable to load special://masterprofile/guisettings.xml, creating new special://masterprofile/guisettings.xml with default values
      06:28:51 T:1384 ERROR: CRenderSystemDX::CreateDevice - using hardware vertex processing
      Attached Files

Comment

May be a DXVA problem. I have been told there will be a control setting or some other fix for this in an upcoming release. I have no idea exactly when, but before too long.
        Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
        Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Thanks for the help, I hope they fix the issues so we all can view this wonderful product.

Comment

I like it, there is still a long "to-do" list of improvements, but it works well for me now since I just watch the main movie and don't use the full navigation option for Blu-rays. A much better value than what I used previously. And it will NEVER respond to the Cinavia infection.
            Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
            Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

I fixed my problem with media player crashing when opening. I ended up downgrading the Nvidia Drivers and that ended up working for me.

Sniffles

Comment

Working...
              X