No Bit-streaming HD audio

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No Bit-streaming HD audio

I just tried this media player for the first time, so I have no way of knowing how it acts verses other versions.

I only use media players for MKV files and also have a few iso. Most were ripped with dvdfab but not all, since it don't always work. I rarely use them for the actual disc.

Anyway I've been playing around with players for a long time and in the past got tired of so much time involved making them work and quit. For a long time just using PowerDVD. But finally things got better and now MPC-HC with Madvr and LAV works well, with Media browser.

So, I tried the beta version first and it won't let me register which I read that's been a problem in the past. I tried some of the things I read but it still didn't work. I don't have a internet problem. So not sure if I"m suppose to get bit-streaming HD audio or not, but I don't. The beta version did show it as DTS-Master audio but my receiver only DTS.

I tried the other version that is on the download page and it won't register either but acts different. I cannot get any bit-streaming on that one, not even 5.1 or DTS.

I assume this is some kind of work in progress and wondering if later can add Madvr, ect. But right now for me it don't really work, and also won't play some MKV files and who knows why.

I didn't so a direct comparison to MPC-HC for picture quality but I can tell its not better, and pretty sure not as sharp. Just not the same overall quality. Also it appears to me the aspect ratio wasn't quite right. 2:35 was letter-boxed a little more than it should be. Maybe I'll try again when I have more time.

Are you using the v1.0.1.3 (win) Beta? To register the product, you must first create an account in the Member center on the DVDFab website. You then enter that email and password to register the purchased version of the player.

See this thread http://forum.dvdfab.com/showthread.php?t=17941 about audio streaming issues.

I have not seen any other reports of aspect errors and have not noticed it myself.
    Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

I do have a account for members since I have purchased several programs. I use it on the Beta but it said I cannot register or didn't, I forgot which one. I signed into the members account to make sure I was still there.

I'll try again another day and see what happens.

I had already seen that thread but they weren't talking about HD audio and I was seeing regular bit-streaming on one version, at least for a few times anyway.

So I reckon its a problem and not fixed yet.

Comment

I guess I don't understand the way this product registers. First off it won't register and it's certainly not my Internet connections fault. But, is it suppose to register if not purchased ? I assume it would because of the free 30 days. Also, what options are available when register ?

Regardless, I only play movies from my server, not a disc and as I said it won't bit-stream HD audio. It will bit-stream DTS and DD, and show DTS-Master on the audio icon, but it won't output it.

Comment

You have no need to register; it can't be registered if not purchased. DVDFab (win) uses a key-based registration system that is different from the web-based registration for the Mac version and for Media Player. Note that the functions you are using in Media Player are free forever, the trial period relates to disc playback.
          Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
          Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

We are working on Bit-streaming HD audio support for HDMI, please wait, thanks.
            DVDFab is the all-in-one software package for copying Blu-ray/DVD and converting video file.
            http://www.dvdfab.cn

Comment

Version 1.0.1.7

Originally posted by fengtao View Post
              We are working on Bit-streaming HD audio support for HDMI, please wait, thanks.
              I'm still not getting any bit streaming HD audio. Anyone else?

Specs - Intel I7, Asus LGA 1155 motherboard, 16 gb Ram, ATI Radeon HD 6850 video card.
              Last edited by driggle; 08-07-2012, 02:08 PM. Reason: grammer

Comment

Version 1.0.1.8

Originally posted by driggle View Post
                I'm still not getting any bit streaming HD audio. Anyone else?

Specs - Intel I7, Asus LGA 1155 motherboard, 16 gb Ram, ATI Radeon HD 6850 video card.
                I'm getting bit streaming HD audio now with version 1.0.1.8. I went into setup and made the necessary adjustments.

Comment

Originally posted by driggle View Post
                  I'm getting bit streaming HD audio now with version 1.0.1.8. I went into setup and made the necessary adjustments.
                  This is most welcome news. Thanks...
                  I SUPPORT 'FAIR USE'. MY MORALS PREVENT ME FROM HELPING ANYONE WHO OBTAINS COPYRIGHTED CONTENT ILLEGITIMATELY
                  I've been testing hardware media playback devices and software A/V encoders and decoders since 2001 | My Network Layout and A/V Gear

Comment

Working...
                  X