Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Subtitle settings not saved

Still not able to save changes to subtitle charset setting

it always stays as default which leaves this nice feature unusable for me.

Is there a plan to fix this?
    My trial period is ending soon, and currently this software is useless for me.

Comment

I have never tried to change it. Are you saying that for instance if you select Greek or Chinese characters it does not maintain these options after closing the program?
      Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
      Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Originally posted by signals View Post
        I have never tried to change it. Are you saying that for instance if you select Greek or Chinese characters it does not maintain these options after closing the program?
        Yes.I have the same problem in V 1.0.1.5 and V1.0.1.7
        Ant
        Last edited by ant1rock; 08-05-2012, 08:27 PM.

Comment

Anyone knows if this issue was fixed in 1.0.1.9?

Comment

Please try it and report back. Generally, I think any setting that will not be the same for each disc (i.e. that can vary with content) will not be saved.
            Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
            Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

My trial period has ended and I will not buy a buggy software and for that reason I can't report back if this feature now works.

I don't think you understand the defect-
              The selection is not saved no matter what.
              if I go to the subtitle settings , change the charset, switch to any other setting page and go back to the subtitle settings it will revert to 'default' charset.

So it doesn't matter which disc I use, the charset will always remain as 'default' meaning I can't use this software with Hebrew subtitles and so this software is currently unusable for me.

That's too bad, because it has a lot of potential and I would certainly buy a software that will support external Hebrew subtitles.

Comment

Thanks, Mistoffelees.
                Maybe this is only a UI problem, since DVDfab player should not support this, it only works with srt subtitle.
                It is mean if you are watching a movie, then open a external .srt subtitle, the subtitle you loaded can be set in the setting.
                Last edited by Potti; 08-20-2012, 10:30 AM.

Comment

Hi,
                  I didn't understand what it should not support,
                  I am talking about the charset encoding of external subtitles (SRT) and it's not just UI defect because the subtitles appear as unreadable and not with Hebrew letters.

I am waiting for the fix

Comment

Originally posted by Mistoffelees View Post
                    I am talking about the charset encoding of external subtitles (SRT) and it's not just UI defect because the subtitles appear as unreadable and not with Hebrew letters.
                    Out of interest, are your text based external .SRT subtitles ANSI or UTF-8 file formatted?
                    I SUPPORT 'FAIR USE'. MY MORALS PREVENT ME FROM HELPING ANYONE WHO OBTAINS COPYRIGHTED CONTENT ILLEGITIMATELY
                    I've been testing hardware media playback devices and software A/V encoders and decoders since 2001 | My Network Layout and A/V Gear

Comment

Thanks for the idea-
                      UTF8 files work!

Comment

hi,
                        Mistoffelees
                        This issue has been fixed, Please wait for the next build.

Comment

Working...
                        X