How do I...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How do I...

I installed the latest Media Player on my HTPC (running WinXP SP3) to replace my old PowerDVD 8, which isn't worth the $100 they want to upgrade. The program worked great playing my Blu-Ray disc, and I still need to figure out how to intergrate this product into my HTPC front-end for WAF.

My biggest question so far is how do I play a movie full-screen? The best I could do was enlarge the window to maximum, but the movie was still playing inside a window. Did I miss that selection somewhere?
    Last edited by AzDragonLord; 09-05-2012, 11:02 AM. Reason: content

Double-click anywhere in the screen while the movie is playing, it will go to full screen with no border. It will revert to a window when the movie stops.
    Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Originally posted by signals View Post
      Double-click anywhere in the screen while the movie is playing, it will go to full screen with no border....
      That's the only key combo I didn't try...thanx! Is there a way to have the movie start in full-screen with no user interaction?

Comment

Originally posted by AzDragonLord View Post
        That's the only key combo I didn't try...thanx! Is there a way to have the movie start in full-screen with no user interaction?
        Here's a way. Hit Ctrl + E and when you get the Videos screen, click on the little house in the upper left. Then scroll right until you get to Syetem and then Settings then click on System. You'll see an option called Display Mode. Change it from Windowed to Full Screen and then Save. That should work going forward.

Comment

[QUOTE=AzDragonLord;122048]I installed the latest Media Player on my HTPC (running WinXP SP3) to replace my old PowerDVD 8, which isn't worth the $100 they want to upgrade. The program worked great playing my Blu-Ray disc, and I still need to figure out how to intergrate this product into my HTPC front-end for WAF./[QUOTE]

According to posts previously, DVDFab Media player does not work under Windows XP? When did this change???

Comment

Not sure when it changed, but this page shows "System Requirements Windows 7/XP (32-bit/64-bit)" so I tried it.

Comment

Should be OK in XP, AFAIK. I no longer have an XP machine to check it, sorry.
              Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
              Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

It works very well under Windows XP.

Comment

Working...
                X