Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ESET Detecting Virus

Hi All.
    I have been trying to download the latest DvDFab Media Player on my 2 Computers.I get to 99 percent then I get an Interrupted message. I check ESET Quarrantine and see this

8/09/2012 12:03:17 p.m. HTTP filter file

probably unknown NewHeur_PE virus
    connection terminated - quarantined
    Dave-PC\Dave Threat was detected upon access to web by the application: C:\Program Files (x86)\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe.

Anybody got any ideas and is anyone else having this problem.
    I did have the media player on my computer just after it came out but it kept freezing so uninstalled it. I'm trying to get it again as it has been updated and hopefully it was fixed.

Cheers
    Dave

This is probably a false positive. I have Avira and Malwarebytes Pro running and neither one had a problem with the installer.
    Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

So you think I should just disable the Antivirus software. Still it's a bit of a worry. Thanks for the info though, it's appreciated.

Comment

If it is any comfort, you are the only one that has reported this.
        Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
        Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Have disabled ESET and the Dvdfab Media player downloaded and installed. Enabled ESET again and ran a scan. ESET says it has detected an Unknown virus. I've told it to ignore, so hopefully things should be OK. I've never had a problem with any DVDfab software before, so will be keeping an eye on the forums now to see if any other Antivirus programs pick it up. Thanks again for your reply.
          Cheers
          Dave

Comment

Eset reports the same thing on my PC as well and I had to uninstall norton ISS and went back to eset but it showed the same thing.

False positive I am sure I disabled eset and it installed I did notice the dvdfab media player desktop short cut is now a new color the latest media player version.

Comment

The desktop shortcut looks the same to me. I have had no problems and have rescanned the complete install folder with Malwarebytes and Avira with no problems, but everyone should make their own choices on this. Thanks to our eset users who have added to this thread.

Comment

Originally posted by signals View Post
                The desktop shortcut looks the same to me. I have had no problems and have rescanned the complete install folder with Malwarebytes and Avira with no problems, but everyone should make their own choices on this. Thanks to our eset users who have added to this thread.
                they must have updated the installed and didn't bother to update the latest version because it opens much faster now plus the dvdfab icon is now a tan color?
                The Virus alerts I ignore they are false positives had them before with other software downloaded from the software manufactures sites I ignore them.
                Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by XX14 View Post
                  they must have updated the installed and didn't bother to update the latest version because it opens much faster now plus the dvdfab icon is now a tan color?
                  Reinstalled it and it opens up at "normal" speed now.

Comment

Originally posted by Gummigutta View Post
                    Must have been a silent update, mine is working normal also, I even like the tan color.
                    Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Setting Up ImgBurn and DVDFab to work together

Tips for Posting DVDFab Logs in the Forum

Comment

Originally posted by Gummigutta View Post
                      Silent update alright works fine here too opens right up and I am glad they changed the Icon color I was always launching dvdfab.

Comment

Originally posted by CBR929 View Post
                        Must have been a silent update, mine is working normal also, I even like the tan color.
                        Other than that - the two missing/invisible rows in the sound settings seems to have been added in the English language file.

Code:
                          <string id="36118">- TrueHD capable receiver</string>
                          <string id="36119">- DTS-HD capable receiver</string>

Comment

eset is still not allowing DVDFab Media Player 1.0.2.2 to install comes up with a Virus report, I ignore it and disable antivirus protection but eset and norton should be emailed so they don't report false positives.

Comment

Originally posted by signals View Post
                            If it is any comfort, you are the only one that has reported this.
                            I would reported it but I reported it to Eset instead, they said it was the package, false pos. But they wont change it because that package ( not mentioning names) has always caused a false positive.)
                            Programmer in Python,Java,JavaScript,Swift,PHP,SQL,C#,C++,Go,R

Comment

I think if only ESET can find Virus, but no any can, please ignore it.
                              We tested AVG, BitDefender , G-Data, McAfee, Avast, Kaspersky and Norton.
                              Lucky, no virus found. All of above softwares are the newest version.
                              We are trying to contact ESET that put our software to white list.
                              Last edited by Potti; 09-17-2012, 02:57 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X