Make it work with MyMovies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Make it work with MyMovies

Please Make DVDFab media player work with MyMovies 4.

I use Windows 7 Media Center/MyMovies 4/TMT5

I wish DVDFab media player was an option for MyMovies 4 but it's not.

I think you will have to ask MyMovies for that functionality.
    Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Already did. Didn't know if you guys had to do something too.

Comment

My Movies ExternalPlayers.xml

My Movies has an xml file where you can define external players (for File Structure Playback ONLY) and how to call them. However, it doesn't appear that DVDFab's Media Player puts in the "typical" registry keys during its installation to be able to easily manually add it into the list of players there. In the HKey-Local Machine there should be something like a SOFTWARE\DVDFab Media Player\InstallPath registry key entry with the install path. You might be able to manually enter a hardcoded path in My Movies' xml file, though - I haven't tried that yet.

Unfortunately, Media Center doesn't allow overrides for .ISO file playback and it only plays through it's mechanism - DVDFab would have to write a player plug-in for Media Center to support .ISO playback. This is what TMT and PowerDVD have done.

At least that is what I understand how it works, anyway.

Comment

Any news on this functionality? Really could use it. Thanks!

Is there any documentation on a command line interface for playing a DVD? I think that I could take a good shot at modifying the my movies interface file to call the player if I had that info. Thanks!

Comment

I think this thread has been overlooked, I will move it to the Media Player forum. This will be more urgent as more of the software players start rejecting copies/rips of Cinavia discs. DVDFab Player never will.
            Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
            Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Originally posted by signals View Post
              I think this thread has been overlooked, I will move it to the Media Player forum. This will be more urgent as more of the software players start rejecting copies/rips of Cinavia discs. DVDFab Player never will.
              Good to hear!! Yes, I agree that it will start to become more important very soon now.

Thanks!!

Comment

Originally posted by signals View Post
                ... and including 3D support also important for the same reason, older version software players are not working with newer discs and we cant upgrade due to Cinavia being introduced in versions that support the new discs...

Comment

Working...
                X