Appcrash

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Appcrash

I thought I would give the DVDFab media player a try. I downloaded version 1028. from the forum link. All I get is a box that says DVDFab player has stopped working in a box within the player window that says try to fix with the web and close, or close programme. The fix bit does nothing after a few seconds.
    If I expand the box details, I get this:

Problem signature:
    Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
    Application Name: DVDFabMediaPlayer.exe
    Application Version: 1.0.0.2
    Application Timestamp: 508bbc9b
    Fault Module Name: ntdll.dll
    Fault Module Version: 6.1.7601.17725
    Fault Module Timestamp: 4ec49b8f
    Exception Code: c0000005
    Exception Offset: 000300fa
    OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.48
    Locale ID: 2057
    Additional Information 1: 0a9e
    Additional Information 2: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789
    Additional Information 3: 0a9e
    Additional Information 4: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789

I'm using Windows 7 64. if there's any other info needed please say.

Thanks.

Same here

Comment

Hi voxsmart
      I'm confused, your log shows version Application Version: 1.0.0.2.
      Please go to your start menu, DVD Fab media player and use the uninstall function.
      Then try reinstalling version 1028 again.
      CBR929
      Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Setting Up ImgBurn and DVDFab to work together

Tips for Posting DVDFab Logs in the Forum

Comment

Originally posted by CBR929 View Post
        I'm confused, your log shows version Application Version: 1.0.0.2
        If you right click on the DVDFabMediaPlayer.exe and look at the tab Info you'll see that you also have that version installed.

A "solution" to the crash can be found in this thread.

Last edited by Gummigutta; 10-30-2012, 02:06 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Gummigutta View Post
          If you right click on the DVDFabMediaPlayer.exe and look at the tab Info you'll see that you also have that version installed.

A "solution" to the crash can be found in this thread.

http://forum.dvdfab.com/showthread.php?t=18879
          Now don't I feel stupid.
          Thanks Gummigutta
          Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Comment

CBR929,
            I'm confused as well. This is what I downloaded twice from the website link:

DVDFabMediaPlayer1028

DVDFabMediaPlayer1028(1)

I've re installed and always get version 1002 in the log? I have no idea why.

Gummigutta,
            I cannot revert to an older nVidia driver as this will upset the rest of the system that's running on it. I hope that DVDFab can sort this with up to date graphics drivers or I will just have to look elsewhere, which is a shame as the rest of the DVDFab programmes I have purchased work perfectly and have given me very little hassle.

Anyway, I most grateful for all your guidance and help.
            Last edited by voxsmart; 10-30-2012, 11:59 AM. Reason: Add a few polite grammar changes.

Comment

They will get it sorted. I have reverted nvidia drivers in the past with no problem using the windows controls for this, but that choice is yours. Luckily I had not updated to the new driver yet.
              Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
              Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Originally posted by voxsmart View Post
                I thought I would give the DVDFab media player a try. I downloaded version 1028. from the forum link. All I get is a box that says DVDFab player has stopped working in a box within the player window that says try to fix with the web and close, or close programme. The fix bit does nothing after a few seconds.
                If I expand the box details, I get this:

Problem signature:

Thanks.
                Hi,
                I have reproduced the issue, we'll check it asap. However, the player can still be used.
                Last edited by geilee; 10-31-2012, 09:10 AM.

Comment

Good morning geilee, I don't understand your post. If you have reproduced the issue, how can the player still work when it crashes?
                  Unless you mean the Application Version loading 1002 and the download saying it's 1028? What are you going to check?
                  Thanks for looking in to this geilee, it's most appreciated.

Comment

Hi voxsmart
                    I'm sure they will have a fix for this soon, just give them a little time.
                    CBR929

Comment

Thanks CBR929,
                      I wasn't being impatient, I just miss understood geilee's post.
                      I'm absolutely sure it will get sorted, after all things always do.
                      I'm not in any hurry, sorry if it seemed I was pushing. Whenever is OK.

Comment

All,
                        Please try v1.0.2.9 and post the results with the problem reported in this thread.
                        Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
                        Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Hi signals,
                          It's just exactly the same. I have run CCleaner and removed all traces of the player, re installed and still get this:

Problem signature:
                          Application Timestamp: 50923a26
                          Fault Module Name: ntdll.dll
                          Fault Module Version: 6.1.7601.17725
                          Fault Module Timestamp: 4ec49b8f
                          Exception Code: c0000005
                          Exception Offset: 000300fa
                          OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.48
                          Locale ID: 2057
                          Additional Information 1: 0a9e
                          Additional Information 2: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789
                          Additional Information 3: 0a9e
                          Additional Information 4: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789

I downloaded from here:

New! DVDFab Media Player 1.0.2.9 for Windows and Mac are out!

Windows version download:
                          http://www.dvdfab.com/mlink/download.php?g=MEDIA_PLAYER.

So somehow It's still showing Application Version:1.0.0.2.

I cant think of anything else to do now.

Comment

Thanks for the quick feedback, I will check with the QA Team Leader this evening.

Comment

Thank you Signals,
                              As we tested, some of the crash cause of Nvidia driver. One our testing enviroment which is win8-32bit repro the crash problem with Nvidia 301.42. And after we undate the driver to 306.97, the problem was gone.
                              So suggest users who have the crash problem to update your Graphics driver. I think it is not the problem of the DVDFab media player.

GL.

Comment

Working...
                              X