External Media Player

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

External Media Player

Does DVDFAB have any plans in making an external media player to hook up to a TV, similar to all the ones I been reading about that play back iso, bdmv folders, mkv, etc. I know I would def buy it from this company.

It is done, it is called VidOn.me and you can read about it on the DVDFab website, here: It's really more than a player, it makes any TV a "SmartTV".

VidOn.me is not DVDFab, but they licensed the Fab core technologies for VOM, so you can purchase it on the DVDFab website and there will be some form of support for it here. This is still being discussed.
    Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Originally posted by signals View Post
      It is done, it is called VidOn.me and you can read about it on the DVDFab website, here: It's really more than a player, it makes any TV a "SmartTV".
      looks promising and small :-) does it do 1080/24p? i see on the specs 1080P/720*480 D1 30fps. i assume it downconverts HD sound since I don't see DTS HD Master, etc (not really an issue for me since I will be using my TV speakers) pictures would help. assume it has usb and hdmi outputs?

Comment

It plugs into the HDMI jack on the TV and has a cool feature set. The first production run was just finished last week, so none have shipped yet, but there is some info about it on the page I linked in the other post. It has 2 USB ports. Should do any flavor of 1080i/p you might find in a movie or otherwise. Not sure about the audio, but it may pass it through to the HDMI port.
        Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
        Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

One thing I'd like to know signals, will it support ac3 audio? I didn't see it listed and everyone is dropping support for it because of some infringement issues.
          How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
          Albert Einstein

Comment

It plugs into the HDMI jack on the TV and has a cool feature set. The first production run was just finished last week, so none have shipped yet, but there is some info about it on the page I linked in the other post. It has 2 USB ports. Should do any flavor of 1080i/p you might find in a movie or otherwise. Not sure about the audio, but it may pass it through to the HDMI port.
            thanks again. so I can hook up an external HD that contains all my Blu Ray ISO that are 1080 24p with HD sound and they will play back on my TV's HDMI input fine. I noticed delivery for VidOn.me Android 4.0 Mini PC is electronic?
            Last edited by akadennis; 12-08-2012, 03:44 PM.

Comment

No, delivery is physical. It may be listed as electronic since they were not ready to ship. Not sure about the HD audio. It does support AC-3, the list on the website is being updated. All audio is decoded but for now is downmixed to 2-channel stereo. This will be updated.

Your ISOs should play fine. You can test them with DVDFab Media Player for free. If they play there, they should play in VOM.

Comment

No, delivery is physical. It may be listed as electronic since they were not ready to ship. Not sure about the HD audio. It does support AC-3, the list on the website is being updated. All audio is decoded but for now is downmixed to 2-channel stereo. This will be updated.

Your ISOs should play fine. You can test them with DVDFab Media Player for free. If they play there, they should play in VOM.
                they play perfect with the DVDFAB media player. one more question does it support NTFS formatted 2TB external HD? when will they be ready 2 ship? I guess thats 2 questions :-) sounds like i am interested in purchasing.

Comment

I just ordered it, can't wait to get it.

Comment

I understand. I am not usually an early adopter, but I really need some of the features this has. I ordered it last week. I think the USB HDD size is limited to 1TB right now, it may change later.

Comment

I understand. I am not usually an early adopter, but I really need some of the features this has. I ordered it last week. I think the USB HDD size is limited to 1TB right now, it may change later.
                      oh no, my HD's are all 2TB. can I cancel my order?

Comment

There is a workaround for most players by breaking the drive into 2 x 1Tb partitions but I don't know whether this will work.

I'd ask the question about cancellation direct by email to Fab.
                        "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

Wait and see if they have plans to increase this. If you want to cancel and reorder if and when they do, send an email to mona@dvdfab.com. Luckily all of mine are 1TB, bought over a year or so when on sale.

Comment

Wait and see if they have plans to increase this. If you want to cancel and reorder if and when they do, send an email to mona@dvdfab.com. Luckily all of mine are 1TB, bought over a year or so when on sale.
                            thank u i sent an email to cancel. i do love the DVDFAB Media Player, i just wish it came in a box with HDMI and usb connections to hook up to my TV I'm sure I'll be buying this eventually when it supports 2TB external HD's

Comment

I must admit I love little gizmo's like this...

And given it supports playback of DVD and Blu-ray .ISO files (which I would not have thought possible in such a product), I'm convinced

Cheers all
                              I SUPPORT 'FAIR USE'. MY MORALS PREVENT ME FROM HELPING ANYONE WHO OBTAINS COPYRIGHTED CONTENT ILLEGITIMATELY
                              I've been testing hardware media playback devices and software A/V encoders and decoders since 2001 | My Network Layout and A/V Gear

Comment

Working...
                              X