DSDFab Media Player Stops Working - V1032

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DSDFab Media Player Stops Working - V1032

Just download this to see what it can do as somehow PDVD 11 has managed to use up Region changes after an update.

Anyway, the last time I downloaded it, whenever I clicked on it, I get the message...stopped working. So I uninstalled it. This time with an updated latest verison...same thing.

Anyone have or had this issue?

Ta

I can't duplicate it, let's see if anyone else has a report or idea for you. I would only suggest that you make sure your internet connection is available when you start player and that you install it As Administrator.

Does it give you the message immediately when you start it, or when you put in a disc, open a file etc?
    Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Hi. As soon as I select it, it goes to a black screen with a windows message that it has stopped working.

Internet connection fine.

Didn't install it as Admin though.

Comment

Try re-installing (As Admin). Might also update your video card/graphics driver. Try unchecking the two option boxes that pop up during install (unless you have an AppleTV).
        Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
        Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Okay thanks...I had to uninstall and then re-install with those 2 options unchecked...seemed to cause a conflict somewhere. Working now...at least in 'simple mode'. When I first tried full navigation, it seemed to stall with a thin white rectangle - with one rounded edge - on the screen. I had to exit and start it up again...I then selected the 'quick and easy' mode and played it without any problem.

I happy to report that it can play it - finally a media player that can - on my 30inch 2560x1600 screen. PDVD has never been able to do that, unless I reset the res to 1920 x 1200...or 1080. Despite all the 'bells and whistles' of the aforementioned, after a recent update, it has reset my Region Code to zero - happened a couple of years back as well. Even Passkey could not change it.

So anyway, DVDFab Media player does not have any problems with this and apart from the initial installation issue, I'll be looking at buying it.

Thanks for your help.

Cheers
          Last edited by mescott; 12-17-2012, 08:16 AM. Reason: added info and grammar

Comment

Glad to hear it. I have abandoned TMT5 after many aggravations and just use Fab Player now. The full navagation for Blu-rays improves with each release, still not perfect but it is better, and Quick and Simple always seems to work for my discs.

Comment

I am also having the same issue.

Originally posted by signals View Post
              Try re-installing (As Admin). Might also update your video card/graphics driver. Try unchecking the two option boxes that pop up during install (unless you have an AppleTV).
              I checked the driver to make sure it is up to date. I did the uninstall and did the re-install as Administrator. Both boxes unchecked. Good internet connection. Start the program and within two seconds That wonderful window pops up "DVD Fab Media Player has stopped working."

Comment

update

Originally posted by signals View Post
                I believe it was not the driver for my GeForce 9800GT video card, which was up to date, but the nForce 710a driver package that had to be updated, for now DVD Fab Media Player seems to work just fine.

Comment

stopped working again after WHQL 310.9 video card update

Hi. Haven't use the media player for a while. Around a week or so ago, I undated my video card to the aforementioned WHQL. Today when I went to play a movie file, I received the 'stopped playing' message again.

Now I don't feel inclined to re-install an older video card driver, as this is the latest - and assuming it's the problem - and it's WHQL...everything else is fine.

I have uninstalled the player and reinstalled it to no avail. I'm afraid that unless a solution is found, that for whatever reason, this player seems to have on-going problems of my system and I'll need to seek a refund for it.

So I'm hoping a fix can be found, as I would like to keep using it, but obviously, it's of no use to me at the moment.

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by mescott View Post
                    Running the same version 310.9 and no issue.

Comment

Please post the HS_internal log file.
                      Originally posted by mescott View Post
                      Hi. Haven't use the media player for a while. Around a week or so ago, I undated my video card to the aforementioned WHQL. Today when I went to play a movie file, I received the 'stopped playing' message again.

Now I don't feel inclined to re-install an older video card driver, as this is the latest - and assuming it's the problem - and it's WHQL...everything else is fine.

I have uninstalled the player and reinstalled it to no avail. I'm afraid that unless a solution is found, that for whatever reason, this player seems to have on-going problems of my system and I'll need to seek a refund for it.

So I'm hoping a fix can be found, as I would like to keep using it, but obviously, it's of no use to me at the moment.

Thanks

Comment

Working...
                      X