Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Show active playlist(MPLS)/Audio/Subpicture on OSD ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Show active playlist(MPLS)/Audio/Subpicture on OSD ?

Have tried out the trial version of DVDFab Media Player, especially for Blu-ray's. There is one thing I am really looking for, and could not find (correct me if I'm wrong). Having this I would buy the software in 3sec

Would it be possible to have an OSD/"debug window" to show the following information (for Blu-ray content currently being played):
    » Playlist/MPLS (in use)
    » Audio (track # from logical order in MPLS)
    » Subtitle (track # from logical order in MPLS)

I guess you understand where I am going. When using DVDFab to rip Main Movie and correct audio/subtitle tracks. It is sometimes impossible to get the difference between playlists. Especially for localized Blu-ray's.

If DVDFab Media Player could show this info, it would be so easy using Full Navigation mode to select intended movie/audio/subtitle. Then get the matching info from OSD for free.

Now. I do not know if this is possible at all. Might be that through Java/navigation logic they obfuscate what is currently being used. But if possible, please evaluate to integrate something like this. Even a guesstimate of what is currently active would be better than nothing.

Hi san,
    We have done it. DVDFab media player will get the correct playlist for main movie.
    If you want to view other playlists, you should use "Quick & Simple Mode" and select other titles.
    You can also change the audio and subtitle by clicking right mouse key while playing.
    Thanks.

Comment

Still would be nice to see all the details, especially the playlist with BD where the movie is authored several times, like Total Recall 2012. Haven't seen any difference between the two extended versions on it.

MultiMakeMKV: MakeMKV batch processing (Win)
      MultiShrink
      : DVD Shrink batch processing
      Offizieller Ãœbersetzer von DVD Shrink deutsch

Comment

Thanks for feedback,

Yes, for playing the movie it is very good as it is. But for my purpose, to use it as a "tool" to identify correct playlist/MPLS and so on. I cannot see that it can give me correct info as of now. And it probably is there, I really want it to be visualised

I'll give a quick sample of what I am trying out. A localized Blu-ray here often has English / Swedish / Norwegian / Danish / Finnish. The 'major' entries of playlist/MPLS often looks like this through BDInfo/DVDFab:
        » 00701.MPLS / Title: 701 / 1:29:45 / 16
        » 00702.MPLS / Title: 702 / 1:29:45 / 16
        » 00703.MPLS / Title: 703 / 1:29:45 / 16
        » 00704.MPLS / Title: 704 / 1:29:45 / 16
        » 00705.MPLS / Title: 705 / 1:29:45 / 16
        » 00706.MPLS / Title: 706 / 1:29:45 / 16
        » 00700.MPLS / Title: 700 / 1:26:32 / 16

It is probably a few segments that has hardcoded visual text localized for different regions. But unless I manually watch each variant, or go through each of them and compare differences in stream files. I do not see how I can see which is active in DVDFab Media Player ?

If I choose Full Navigation, how do I find out which playlist/MPLS has been chosen ?
        If I choose Quick Navigation, how does these playlists/MPLS order relate to Title1, Title2, Title3, ... ?

Ideal workflow for me would be Full Navigation, select correct variant of movie/audio/subtitle. Then get the playlist/MPLS for free. I see now that I already can get audio/subtitle by right-click and see what is selected/yellow. If order shown matches what is in current playlist/MPLS being played. But I still cannot see any way to get active playlist/MPLS. Which I then would use in DVDFab.

Comment

I think you mean like the data that VLC could display on the screen during video playback, full time when enabled. +1, I would like to see that also. Great for troubleshooting.
          Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
          Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Working...
          X