DVDFab Media Player - Crashes on open

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DVDFab Media Player - Crashes on open

What is with this player, I wish I never paid for it. Since the release, I haven't got it to work at all. I have attached a zip file that includes a dmp and log files. I have downgraded my video drivers hoping that it might fix the issue. Can someone from the company look at this and help me fix this issue. If you cannot fix it, then I want my money back.

Sniffles
    Attached Files

Install DirectX, cant you see on your own Dell log that you do not have it installed?
    Programmer in Python,Java,JavaScript,Swift,PHP,SQL,C#,C++,Go,R

Comment

Originally posted by Chameleon View Post
      Install DirectX, cant you see on your own Dell log that you do not have it installed?
      Why do you say that? It looks like it is installed:
      DirectX Version: DirectX 11

It's about line 14.

However, NVidia driver files have been known to cause problems in the past.

Have you updated your NVidia drivers to whatever is the latest version? I use AMD/ATI cards, so I am not sure what the latest NVidia drivers are. But, judging from this, I am going to guess that you are not running the latest version:
      Driver Date/Size: 10/2/2012 14:21:00, 18252136 bytes
      Last edited by fisch050; 04-01-2013, 12:36 AM.

Comment

You also have a somewhat unusual sound setup:
        Description: Speakers (Creative SB X-Fi)
        Default Sound Playback: Yes
        Default Voice Playback: No
        [...]
        Description: Speakers (USB PnP Sound Device )
        Default Sound Playback: No
        Default Voice Playback: Yes

I wonder if that is paying into your troubles at all? I would update your NVidia drivers first. If, however, that doesn't do the trick, you might want to set your default voice and sound playback to the same device. You can also play around with the sound settings in FabMP, selecting the one you want to use.

Again, though, I would recommend updating your graphics drivers.

Comment

Originally posted by sniffles View Post
          ...I have downgraded my video drivers hoping that it might fix the issue...
          OK - I missed this line during my first read-through. It looks like you've already done some troubleshooting on your NVidia drivers. Try looking into your sound configuration.

I also wonder if it might be related to XBMC. I presume you are launching FabMP from XBMC, right? Have you tried running just FabMP alone? Do you get any different response doing so? If it runs fine as a stand-alone app, but not with XBMC, then that might indicate some sort of negative interaction between the two programs.

I'm not sure what steps you have already run through, so if I am covering ground you've already gone over, please post that information. It will be helpful for everyone involved.

Comment

Chameleon and fisch

Thanks for your suggestions for this user. I would also suggest updating to v1.0.3.5. I note that the original post was from mid-February, I expect that the problem was either corrected in a later release or through the OP's own efforts. Hopefully sniffles will give us an update with the fix or let us know if the problem still exists with v1.0.3.5.
            Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
            Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Originally posted by fisch050 View Post
              Why do you say that? It looks like it is installed:

It's about line 14.

However, NVidia driver files have been known to cause problems in the past.

Have you updated your NVidia drivers to whatever is the latest version? I use AMD/ATI cards, so I am not sure what the latest NVidia drivers are. But, judging from this, I am going to guess that you are not running the latest version:
              Driver Date/Size: 10/2/2012 14:21:00, 18252136 bytes
              This is why I say its not installed

Windows Dir: C:\Windows
              DX Setup Parameters: Not found
              User DPI Setting: Using System DPI
              System DPI Setting: 96 DPI (100 percent)
              DWM DPI Scaling: Disabled
              DxDiag Version: 6.01.7601.17514 32bit Unicode
              Programmer in Python,Java,JavaScript,Swift,PHP,SQL,C#,C++,Go,R

Comment

Thanks all for replying,

First off I'm running Direct X 11. I do have 3 sound devices, creative lab, a sound device that is built onto my motherboard and the lasts is the Logitech that my keyboard that I use for my headset. Since I didn't use my motherboard sound device I have disable it in the bios. I have the latest version of Nvidia installed. I have the last version DVDFab MediaPlayer 1035 installed. I uninstall the old version before installing the new version, but unfortunately the newest version doesn't work.

I have attached the last dump file.

Thanks, again for your help.
                Sniffles
                Attached Files

Comment

Hi sniffles
                  While the Fab team figures out what is crashing the media player, if you need an older version give me a Pm with your e-mail address and I will send it to you.
                  CBR929
                  Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Setting Up ImgBurn and DVDFab to work together

Tips for Posting DVDFab Logs in the Forum

Comment

Thanks, but ever since the software left beta it never worked. I will try test a Radeon card that I can get from work. This way we can figure out if it's the Nvideo card.

Comment

same problem with win7 pro 64bit

I'm running win 7 pro 64bit and have the latest NVidia drivers installed and directX. Installed 1.0.3.5. This is the first time I've tried Media Player.
                      At launch I get "DVDFab Media Player has stopped working".

Comment

Originally posted by sniffles View Post
                        Thanks, but ever since the software left beta it never worked. I will try test a Radeon card that I can get from work. This way we can figure out if it's the Nvideo card.
                        I was hoping the Radeon card would work, but it won't fit. The card was design for a small desktop computer and my case is a large one. So, its a bummer that I cannot test the card in my computer.

Sniffles

Comment

I too get this error. I have it installed (latest 1.0.3.5) installed on my Media Centre (Win 7 x64 with nvidia) and my laptop (Win 8 x64 with ATI) and both crash as soon as I open the program. I feel this program has been a waste of money.

The trial worked OK when it was v1.

Comment

They are working on a completely new version that will be out before too long. It should address most of these stability isues.
                            Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
                            Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Originally posted by signals View Post
                              They are working on a completely new version that will be out before too long. It should address most of these stability isues.
                              Signals -
                              Do you know when it will be out? Will it have 3D support? Anything else you can leak to us?

Comment

Working...
                              X