Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Surface Pro full screen issues

Hello,

When I turn on full screen mode on a Surface Pro, it zooms in and 1/3 of the picture is off of the screen. It works fine in normal windowed mode however. Are there any settings that can modify this behavior? Thanks in advance.

I think it is probably the player software. Try installing DVDFab Media Player on it, it is free for playing any file-based content forever and has extensive controls for modifying and controlling the video display. Turn off crop black bars and use the zoom control (the one in Fab Player) to size it correctly. These and others are under Settings->Video. The "View Mode" and "Zoom Amount" controls interact to some extent so you may have to experiment.
    Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

I am talking about the DVDFAb media player having issues, not the built in player.

Comment

I may have worded my reply poorly, it's also not clear to me if you are talking about using the zoom controls in Fab Player or the screen driver for the Surface. Try the controls in Fab Player's Settings->Video or, to put Fab Player in Full Screen mode, just double click in the display. It should fill the screen horizontally with nothing chopped off the sides.
        Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
        Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Same Issue plus resolution issue

I have the same issue on a Surface Pro as the original poster, and in addition, the player does not play in full 1080p resolution. I have tried on both the surface pro and a desktop machine (both running Win 8 Pro), and the issue persists. I do not see any controls in any of the menus to control resolution. The surface Pro as well as my desktop have screen settings set to 1920x1080; media player seems to change this to 850x520 or so while playing, and it changes back to the win 8 resolution settings when I exit the Media Player. What gives? Are there resolution setting for it somewhere?

Comment

Working...
          X