DVDFab Media Player stoppedworking

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DVDFab Media Player stoppedworking

Hi tried to install the updated DVDFab Media Player 1.0.3.4 and on launch get the DVDFab Media Player has stopped working A problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Windows will close etc...

Looking at documents dvdfabplayer player file it is blank if I re-install 1.0.3.3 the player operates normally anyone else with this problem.

System is windows 8 64 pro

This doesn't happen with win7, there is another thread in here somewhere that I think has a solution but I haven't found it yet.
    Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Originally posted by signals View Post
      This doesn't happen with win7, there is another thread in here somewhere that I think has a solution but I haven't found it yet.
      Searched through the thread and have not found a solution I will submit a request through techs and see if they have an answer I have tried removing all DVDFab media files and cleaned the registry ended up with the same result 1.0.3.3 works normally but 1.0.3.4 crash's strange.. Thanks for the reply.

Comment

Originally posted by kevred View Post
        Hi tried to install the updated DVDFab Media Player 1.0.3.4 and on launch get the DVDFab Media Player has stopped working A problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Windows will close etc...

Looking at documents dvdfabplayer player file it is blank if I re-install 1.0.3.3 the player operates normally anyone else with this problem.

System is windows 8 64 pro
        Yes, I have the same problem. Win 8 Pro 64 bit.

Comment

Hi I have an answer back from Tech;
          Please keep 1.0.3,3 to use.

Please wait for the next version of media player.
          Must be something amiss in 1.0.3.4 and windows 8 64 bit but now they know the next release should have it sorted.

Comment

Win8 <> Win7

Windows 8 is a bit different from Windows 7. Programming for it can be quite different - especially if you try to write something for WinRT. Very painful...

Comment

I get the same message that the program has stopped working. I have Windows 7(64 bit). It sounds like the problem may be 64 bit machines and not just Windows 8.

Comment

Nope, I have Win7x64 and it works as advertised. murffee1 do you have an AMD processor per chance?
                How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
                Albert Einstein

Comment

Maybe this is an option…..

In the past I did had problems with DVDFab Media Player, but after I did update the software from my video card I have no problems with updating.

Also I did updated DVDFab Media Player to v1.0.3.4, and have no problems.
                  I installed it with "Install as administrator" option.

System with : Windows 8 64 pro Dutch.
                  Video card: ATI Radeon HD 5770 (1024 MB)

Good luck
                  ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                  Searching for yourself is a lifetime journey.
                  Life is what happens in between.
                  ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

Originally posted by 90312 View Post
                    Nope, I have Win7x64 and it works as advertised. murffee1 do you have an AMD processor per chance?
                    I do not have an AMD processor. I have an HP laptop running on a NVIDIA GeForce 9600MGT. It was originally a Windows Vista that I upgraded to Windows 7 three years ago when I bought the laptop(hated Vista). I have not been successful loaded any version of the DVDFab Media Player.

Comment

Originally posted by murffee1 View Post
                      I do not have an AMD processor. I have an HP laptop running on a NVIDIA GeForce 9600MGT. It was originally a Windows Vista that I upgraded to Windows 7 three years ago when I bought the laptop(hated Vista). I have not been successful loaded any version of the DVDFab Media Player.
                      Tried to update your Nvidia graphic cards divers to the latest ones?

Comment

Originally posted by Gummigutta View Post
                        Tried to update your Nvidia graphic cards divers to the latest ones?
                        Yes, the Nvidia driver needed to be updated but that still didn't help. It still gives the stopped working message as soon as I try opening the media player.

Comment

I am having the exact same issues on my pc running:
                          Win Vista 32 bit

As soon as I try to open the media player, I get the error message "Dvd media player has stopped working" ?

I recently tried the latest 1.0.0.3.4 update same issue as the prvious one?

thanks,

Comment

Still getting the "DVDFab Media Player has stopped working" message even with the new update(v1.0.3.5).

Comment

Yup had same issue - the effect was the video playback very slow and no sound - 1.0.3.3 works ok , tried 1.0.3.5 had same issue as 1.0.3.4 , so went back to 1.0.3.3 till they get to fixed. maybe 1.0.3.6

Comment

Working...
                              X