64bit - Doesn't play from Windows Media Center

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

64bit - Doesn't play from Windows Media Center

Doesn't show up as a choice for playing a Blu-Ray (just TMT 5/6). Picking the program icon in the root menu pops up a "website not meant for media center' message and allows to open anyway or save a short cut. Neither does anything - just a blank screen. Is there any debugging/logging that I could turn on/send?

Not sure with this new feature, but I will try to find out or get someone to respond.
    Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Thanks! This feature and "My Movies" support are the features that I need to be able to use this product...

Comment

Any luck with finding someone for this? I'd certainly be willing to help test out a solution as well - I have a box that I'd be willing to use as a beta test bed already setup.

Comment

Possible Solution

I contacted DVDFab Tech Support, for help with a problem with Media Player, and this is a cut and paste of the relevant part of the reply e-mail I got.....

Please apply DVDFab Media Player Uninstaller to uninstall firstly, or use the "Add/Remove Programs" feature in your "Control Panel" to uninstall the program. Then open My Computer and go to c:\Program Files (OR) wherever you installed DVDFab Media Player, manually delete the DVDFabPlayer Folder; open C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFabPlayer, delete the entire Folder.

Then reboot computer, redownload and install DVDFab Media Player at http://www.dvdfab.com/media-player.

Please check if you can run DVDFab Media Player smoothly after this reinstallation.

If still have problem, please try updating your graphics card driver, or please uninstall and reinstall the driver if your driver is the latest, then install and run DVDFab Media Player again and see the result.

Any questions in future, please feel free to contact us.

Sincerely yours,

--
          Mona Su
          DVDFab Service Team

This has cured the problem I had, and the DVDFab Media Player works from Windows Media Center, so might be worth a try....

Comment

Must be a different problem

I tried the uninstalling/reinstalling of mediaplayer after the directory delete and it didn't change anything.

I can't see how a video driver could have an impact on whether or not the media player shows up as a choice in media center as we are not even to the point of attempting to display anything yet but I checked and I had the latest NVidia drivers installed and reinstalling them prior to another media player uninstall/reinstall didn't impact it in any case.

Thanks!

Comment

Working...
            X