X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Version Questions

From Signals:
    There will be a new version of Fab Player out soon, please try it.
    I have some questions regarding the purported new version. I don't know how many you will be able to answer:
    1. When is it scheduled to be released? Or do you know?
    2. Are there any screenshots, whitepapers, feature lists, etc. available to review?
    3. Is it possible to get on the beta-tester list? (I have been using Fab MP since v1.0, and would be willing to beta-test. I am also a software programmer by trade, if that means anything.)

I don't know if you can answer these questions or not, but would greatly appreciate a reply one way or another.

Thank you!

Another Question

I thought of another question...

Do you know what version number it will be, when it is released?

Comment

In inverted order:

It will be v2.0.x.x, currently 2.0.0.6.
      Yes, I will add you to the list. Read the sticky and some of the earlier threads to see what has already been discussed.
      No screenshots or feature lists, they change with each version. It is a completely new engine.
      Release date still not determined. There are some 'must-have' features that are still being tinkered, and the user feedback for each version changes the to-do list.

There is also a new VidOn.me product in the Internal forum, please try it too if you currently use or need a media server.
      Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
      Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

If you need beta testers count me in.

Comment

Originally posted by atomg View Post
          If you need beta testers count me in.
          What skills and A/V equipment do you have?
          I SUPPORT 'FAIR USE'. MY MORALS PREVENT ME FROM HELPING ANYONE WHO OBTAINS COPYRIGHTED CONTENT ILLEGITIMATELY
          I've been testing hardware media playback devices and software A/V encoders and decoders since 2001 | My Network Layout and A/V Gear

Comment

I have been in the system since 1985, c#, java,sql developer. I have over 25tb storage in my home network 5 media center pcs. I have a static ip in my home. I have tested this product with MediaBrower3 and it does not work. I have tested this product with MyMovies. I provided the XMl I used to launch the media player in MyMovies. I asked for the command line parameter so I could get the player to launch better. I am will to provide feedback to make this product better. So I can make this product suite my, need.

I added the info below to file C:\ProgramData\My Movies\FileStorage\User Customization\ExternalPlayers.xml

<ExternalPlayers>
            <ExternalPlayer Name="DVDFabMediaPlayer" DisplayName="DvdFab Media Player">
            <DVDFileStructure>True</DVDFileStructure>
            <BluRayFileStructure>True</BluRayFileStructure>
            <HDDVDFileStructure>True</HDDVDFileStructure>
            <RecordedTV>True</RecordedTV>
            <Files>True</Files>

<ProcessName>DVDFabMediaPlayer.exe</ProcessName>

<Parameters>smb:"[PATH]"</Parameters>

<Location StartupDelay="5">
            <Path>c:\program files (x86)\dvdfab media player\DVDFabMediaPlayer.exe</Path> <!-- The Path of the player -->
            </Location>
            </ExternalPlayer>
            </ExternalPlayers>

I what is your background?

Comment

SMD has been around in the A/V scene for at least 10 years that I can remember and is a well-respected, very knowledgeable member of the community.

He rightly asked you to establish your bona-fides as you have only ever posted 6 posts here and you handle is not recognised as being a major contributor elsewhere.

Lose the attitude!!!
              "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

What are you SMD mouth piece. I am sure he can speak for himself. He asked me a question I answered. I ask a question he can answer.

Comment

I am far from being anyone's mouthpiece, Anyone that has been on this forum for any amount of time would know that I tell it like it is, with usually no holds barred.

I fact I'm going to tell you again right now!!!

Lose the attitude or I am sure that one of the mods will give you a well-deserved holiday.

Your belligerent attitude has been reported.
                  Last edited by GregiBoy; 08-03-2013, 06:07 AM.
                  "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

Now I don’t answer to you. Have you provided and support for any of my questions. Are you a paid employee of dvdfab. I paid my money for the product. I seek answers. Has anything you have said made the media player better in interfacing with other products. From the xml above you can see what I am trying to accomplish.
                    Last edited by atomg; 08-03-2013, 06:43 AM.

Comment

If you didn't have your head where the sun never shines, you would realise that most contributors on this forum are volunteers, not paid employees and I am a volunteer.

And I am specifically not going to answer you because of your attitude or provide you any assistance or support.

You write 14 lines of XML and you are an expert?

Give me a break!!! I've just finished 14,000 lines of XML for a hardware media player RSS Library interface!!

No, you don't answer to me but you certainly answer to the Moderators of this forum, who are again volunteers and to whom you have been reported.

Comment

I do not see anything wrong with atomg's question concerning SeeMoreDigital's background.
                        atomg may be a new member and not know all the wonderful members we have on this site and their knowledge.
                        So enough of this bickering or I will be forced to do something I do not want to do.
                        Thanks
                        CBR929
                        Last edited by CBR929; 08-03-2013, 06:07 PM.
                        Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Setting Up ImgBurn and DVDFab to work together

Tips for Posting DVDFab Logs in the Forum

Comment

Thank you CBR929

Comment

And I didn't see anything wrong with my answer:-

SMD has been around in the A/V scene for at least 10 years that I can remember and is a well-respected, very knowledgeable member of the community.

He rightly asked you to establish your bona-fides as you have only ever posted 6 posts here and you handle is not recognised as being a major contributor elsewhere.

I'm done with this!!! No more from me. Please close this post.

Originally posted by CBR929 View Post
                            I do not see anything wrong with atomg's question concerning SeeMoreDigital's background.
                            atomg may be a new member and not know all the wonderful members we have on this site and their knowledge.
                            So enough of this bickering or I will be forced to do something I do not want to do.
                            Thanks
                            CBR929

Comment

Working...
                            X