Media Player crashes on standard DVD's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Media Player crashes on standard DVD's

When using DVDFab media player to watch standard DVD file it crashes about 16 minutes into the movie. Does not happen with Blu-Ray movie files. This did not happen in version 1.035. A known bug in version 2.140/2.151?

Are you playing them from optical discs or from folders on a hard drive?
    Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

as signals said: playing them from optical discs or from folders on a hard drive?
      and which DVD disc do you use? so we can reproduce this issue here.
      resigned

Comment

I am playing them from folders on hard drive, Windows 8. I tried to play Dirty Harry and a couple of other DVD titles, all resulting in abrupt stoppage at about 16 minutes into the movie. At that point the media player screen goes back to the OpenFiles... screen. As I said they played with no problems with version 1.035.

Comment

I am having problems playing from DVD folders on my hard drive as well since upgrading to the latest version.

I have been a customer for many years now and I must admit I am very disappointed at paying £50 for a media player that keeps crashing

Comment

Xubin

This duplicates my experience also, DVD folder stops playing, BDMV folder no problem.
            Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
            Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Out of interest... Do any of you have problems playing DVD.iso file back-ups?
              I SUPPORT 'FAIR USE'. MY MORALS PREVENT ME FROM HELPING ANYONE WHO OBTAINS COPYRIGHTED CONTENT ILLEGITIMATELY
              I've been testing hardware media playback devices and software A/V encoders and decoders since 2001 | My Network Layout and A/V Gear

Comment

Escape Planet Earth just played through fine from an iso image.
                How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
                Albert Einstein

Comment

Hi all, This is a known issue when playing DVD from folder or file, we are fixing.

@black_arab
                  Be patient, the next release will be the best ever have. We are working hard on this project, plz trust us .
                  resigned

Comment

Originally posted by xubin View Post
                    Hi all, This is a known issue when playing DVD from folder or file, we are fixing.

@black_arab
                    Be patient, the next release will be the best ever have. We are working hard on this project, plz trust us .
                    Thank-you for your reply and I look forward to the next release

Comment

Hi all, plz try v2156 beta: http://forum.dvdfab.com/showthread.php?t=22960
                      resigned

Comment

Originally posted by xubin View Post
                        Can confirm this Beta version does play dvd folders from a VIDEO_TS folder.

Many thanks xubin

Comment

It plays them fine for me also, both Main Movie and Full Disc types. I am selecting the volume normally, not the VIDEO_TS folder, but both work.

And the default to show subs is fixed, thanks

Comment

Working...
                          X