not seeing iso

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

not seeing iso

I have installed media player 2.1.5.1. when I go to load a iso from my movie folder blu ray or not it. the iso's does not show up in the open folders in settings I have the iso file assoc box ticked no help. Iuninstalled and reinstalled no help. thx for reading

Shouldn't you use open file?

Comment

Gummi is correct, Open Folder is for VIDEO_TS/BDMV folders only or volumes that contain them. Use Open File or mount them using DVDFab Virtual Drive (not really necessary).
      Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
      Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Loading an iso is only possible when you have a registered version and not in the "light" version?

Comment

it says that it will play iso and blu ray iso always paid for or not. it played them in earlier versions of the program I just did a upgrade.

Comment

It should still play them AFAIK. v2.1.5.6 works fine for me, but my version is registered. Please clarify which version you are currently using and if it is "free" mode or registered and that you are using File Open, not Play from Folder, which as expected will not even see ISOs, it runs different code to open an image and it is not running when you tell it you want to play a folder (i.e. an ISO is not suitable input for Play from Folder).
            Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
            Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Using the open file mode and none of my DVD ISOs will open. It only reverts back to the main menu where it shows the open file row/icon (as if you just started the program).

My version is both unregistered and expired.

------------------
              16:14:34 T:13524 info: start to create 3D device.
              16:14:34 T:13524 info: create 3D device success.
              16:14:34 T:13524 info: CRenderSystemDX::CreateDevice - adapter 0: nvd3dum.dll, NVIDIA GeForce GT 240, VendorId 4318, DeviceId 3235.Version 9.18.13.2680
              16:14:34 T:13524 info: audio device list:
              16:14:34 T:13524 info: device[1], type[DEVTYPE_IEC958], Name[DirectSound: Digitalt ljud (S/PDIF) (High Definition Audio Device)]
              16:14:34 T:13524 info: device[2], type[DEVTYPE_PCM], Name[DirectSound: Högtalare (High Definition Audio Device)]
              16:14:34 T:13524 info: device[1], type[DEVTYPE_IEC958], Name[WASAPI: Digitalt ljud (S/PDIF) (High Definition Audio Device)]
              16:14:34 T:13524 info: device[2], type[DEVTYPE_PCM], Name[WASAPI: Högtalare (High Definition Audio Device)]
              16:14:34 T:13524 info: default device [DirectSound: Högtalare (High Definition Audio Device)]
              16:14:37 T:19944 info: open D:\iron man 3.iso, playlist=-1
              Last edited by Gummigutta; 09-09-2013, 02:23 PM.

Comment

I'm currently running 2.1.5.1 (Unregistered).

I've just noticed that when I try to 'drag and drop' DVD.ISO files which are stored on my NAS and are larger than 4GB, they wont open. DVD.ISO files smaller than 4GB open perfectly.

By contrast, DVD.ISO files larger than 4GB will open okay if they are stored on my computers HDD.

Cheers
                Last edited by SeeMoreDigital; 09-09-2013, 03:03 PM.
                I SUPPORT 'FAIR USE'. MY MORALS PREVENT ME FROM HELPING ANYONE WHO OBTAINS COPYRIGHTED CONTENT ILLEGITIMATELY
                I've been testing hardware media playback devices and software A/V encoders and decoders since 2001 | My Network Layout and A/V Gear

Comment

New tries.

This time using a registered and not expired version.

Some DVD ISOs in size from 200 MB to below 4GB and none opens. The ISOs just includes a single VTS and no menus. Still wont open up the ISOs.

Running Win7 Ult 64bit
                  Last edited by Gummigutta; 09-09-2013, 02:49 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by SeeMoreDigital View Post
                    I'm currently running 2.1.5.1 (Unregistered).

I've just noticed that when I try to 'drag and drop' DVD.ISO files which are stored on my NAS and are larger than 4GB, they wont open. DVD.ISO files smaller than 4GB open perfectly.

By contrast, DVD.ISO files larger than 4GB will open okay if they are stored on my computers HDD.
                    Okay... I've just upgraded to 2.1.5.6 and my DVD.ISO files work fine now
                    I SUPPORT 'FAIR USE'. MY MORALS PREVENT ME FROM HELPING ANYONE WHO OBTAINS COPYRIGHTED CONTENT ILLEGITIMATELY
                    I've been testing hardware media playback devices and software A/V encoders and decoders since 2001 | My Network Layout and A/V Gear

Comment

Is the problem that the browser does not show/find them or that once found and selected, they do not play?

Comment

Originally posted by signals View Post
                        Is the problem that the browser does not show/find them or that once found and selected, they do not play?
                        Sees them but wont play.

Tried to update the same version again if there had been a silent update, but same thing, not playing the ISOs.

Comment

I upgraded to the latest beta all is good thx for all the input

Comment

I can manage to open up and play an .iso created by DVD Shrink, but if the .iso is created by ImgBurn it won't play. It has the proper file structure in both the .isos with VIDEO_TS and AUDIO_TS folders but the later won't open up and play.

Also a bit puzzled to way a simple DVD clip with no menus seems to be playing in an endless loop. Can't find any setting to avoid that behavior.

So it would be nice if someone else could create and try to play a DVD iso from ImgBurn to see if it's that is the problem with not playing all .isos.

Comment

Hi Gummi
                              What version do you want me to test?
                              Will make an ISO using Imgburn now.
                              CBR929
                              Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Setting Up ImgBurn and DVDFab to work together

Tips for Posting DVDFab Logs in the Forum

Comment

Working...
                              X