Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

DVDFab Media Player won't play folder, says need to buy?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DVDFab Media Player won't play folder, says need to buy?

It is supposed to play folders and files free forever, or so it says, but no dice....

In free version, it can play folder in Simple mode, to play main playlist and other playlists.
    DVDFab is the all-in-one software package for copying Blu-ray/DVD and converting video file.
    http://www.dvdfab.cn

Comment

Originally posted by fengtao View Post
      In free version, it can play folder in Simple mode, to play main playlist and other playlists.
      This is the error I get. Am I doing something wrong?
      Attached Files

Comment

According to the attached image you are attempting to play a Blu-ray disc.

How did you back-up your Blu-ray disc to folders?
        Last edited by SeeMoreDigital; 09-30-2013, 08:27 AM.
        I SUPPORT 'FAIR USE'. MY MORALS PREVENT ME FROM HELPING ANYONE WHO OBTAINS COPYRIGHTED CONTENT ILLEGITIMATELY
        I've been testing hardware media playback devices and software A/V encoders and decoders since 2001 | My Network Layout and A/V Gear

Comment

Originally posted by SeeMoreDigital View Post
          According to the attached image you are attempting to play a Blu-ray disc.

How did you back-up your Blu-ray disc to folders?
          Via dvdfab to hdd. Its before I compress and burn

Comment

I have the same problem and am equally confused. I don't understand what "Simple mode" is.
            The BD is ripped to HDD and I'm selecting the play folder option. I thought the free version of Media Player provided the ability to play these even after the trial period.

S

Comment

Originally posted by ferraris View Post
              I have the same problem and am equally confused. I don't understand what "Simple mode" is.
              The BD is ripped to HDD and I'm selecting the play folder option. I thought the free version of Media Player provided the ability to play these even after the trial period.

S
              What I guess is simple mode is no menus of the blu ray, but still no clue why it won't play and sadly looks like the dvdfab group don't care about it, even though they advertise it. This is the 2nd time I've had a issue with a product and had no real assistance and no resolution.

Comment

It plays bluray ISO, not folders in free mode and using simple mode

Comment

Originally posted by calcu007 View Post
                  It plays bluray ISO, not folders in free mode and using simple mode
                  Originally posted by fengtao View Post
                  It is supposed to play bluray and dvd folders.
                  Fentago says so as does the item page.

Comment

Originally posted by fofiddyracer View Post
                    It is supposed to play bluray and dvd folders.
                    Fentago says so as does the item page.
                    You are not reading the product page correctly, specially the comparison table.

It states that only the paid version support bluray and DVDs folders, but both versions support ISO files. Also read this threat

Last edited by calcu007; 10-05-2013, 03:32 PM.

Comment

Calc

I think the comparison table (the big graphic one, here http://www.dvdfab.com/best-blu-ray-player-software.htm ) has some errors. The Free version does not play commercial movie discs, but it does play folder or ISO for DVD or BD in Simple mode (no menu support for BD). The chart also says the Free version supports full navigation for BD, which I do not think is correct unless they have changed it in v2.x. I will verify when the staff returns from the national holiday in China.
                      Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
                      Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Working...
                      X