Dvd Fab media player problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tried to play a dvd, got sound no video. See attached. Another thing happened later "dvd fab stop working" send bug report as i did. Also, when trying to download Dvd Fab media player got another message. see attached.
    Attached Files

The file name in your error dialog box doesn't look right, MediaPlayer2200.exe.part looks like too many file extensions to me
    How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
    Albert Einstein

Comment

I just downloaded it so it's working right.

Albert Einstein

Comment

This looks like Norton again.
        Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
        Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Originally posted by 90312 View Post
          The file name in your error dialog box doesn't look right, MediaPlayer2200.exe.part looks like too many file extensions to me
          Are you referring to the bug/send when it said not working? Don`t knowwhat you mean "file extensions".

Comment

.exe is the file extension and that should be all of it instead of .exe.part

that makes a nonexistent file it's looking for on the server. Like signals said it could be Norton preventing downloading an executable file. Can you disable it just long enough to download the file? Or whatever anti virus program you use?

Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by 90312 View Post
              .exe is the file extension and that should be all of it instead of .exe.part

that makes a nonexistent file it's looking for on the server. Like signals said it could be Norton preventing downloading an executable file. Can you disable it just long enough to download the file? Or whatever anti virus program you use?
              Using AVG. I uninstalled and reinstalled Dvd media Player full exe and it still hasn`t fixed the problem. I tried the same dvd on Windows media Player and it goes ok.

Comment

A .part extension means the file didn't download completely for whatever reason.

You need to download the Fab player again.
                Once saved the name of the file should be MediaPlayer2200.exe not MediaPlayer2200.exe.part

Some .part files will run if only a few bytes are missing, but usually not correctly.

Comment

Originally posted by Kez View Post
                  A .part extension means the file didn't download completely for whatever reason.

You need to download the Fab player again.
                  Once saved the name of the file should be MediaPlayer2200.exe not MediaPlayer2200.exe.part

Some .part files will run if only a few bytes are missing, but usually not correctly.
                  Reinstalled, working ok now.

Comment

Working...
                  X