How to turn subtitles OFF?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to turn subtitles OFF?

For the life of me, I can't see where to turn subtitles off. Am trying before I buy, watching any .iso's, I get subtitles.

Most programs or players that you playback on have a switch to turn them off during playback.If you don't want any subs recorded you can turn them off so they don't record but If I were you i would keep forced subs so when people talk different languishes. in the movie you will see the the translation.

When copying main movie or using ripper you can also turn them off by putting your mouse pointer over the subtitle box then a pull down box comes up their you can turn them off and when picking a profile in advance settings you can select what you want to do with sub titles.
    Last edited by glenns; 07-14-2014, 09:20 AM.

Comment

Uhm

In the latest versions, the 9.x lines, this no longer works. If I select ANY subtitle stream for any language, they're forced on whether the little black triangle is on or not.

Comment

The control for this is in Fab Media Player, not in DVDFab v9. See the attached screen capture. Right click while a movie is playing or paused to access the menu and select Subtitles, then select Off. This setting will be remembered and will disable all except forced subs until you change it manually.
        Attached Files
        Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
        Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Thanks signals, I did finally figure it out. There really should be a quickie guide somewhere...

Comment

Originally posted by signals View Post
            The control for this is in Fab Media Player, not in DVDFab v9. See the attached screen capture. Right click while a movie is playing or paused to access the menu and select Subtitles, then select Off. This setting will be remembered and will disable all except forced subs until you change it manually.
            This does NOT work in the 9.x lines.

I can't understand why subtitles have to be so bloody difficult!

Comment

Yer Lordship,
              The directions in my earlier post work as stated, I just tried them. What problem do you have, subs all the time, or no subs ever?

Subs can be a real pain because they can be set up so many different ways on the original disc and each player reacts in slightly different ways to the subtitle instructions contained there.
              Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
              Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Originally posted by signals View Post
                Suppose u don't use dvd media player and are streaming to another device. It would be nice to turn off subtitles when ripping or at least have the opportunity to do so. Pervious versions had that capability. (using v 9.1.1.9)

Comment

You can of course do that in Main Movie or Customize modes, just select "none" in the subtitle dropdown. See attached image.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                  X