Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Video "glitches" durring blu-ray iso playback

Hi Guys,

I've been trying the Fab Player on and off and I have not been able to get through one movie with out video "glitches." Is there a know issue with Blu-ray play back?

If not, can I help in anyway by providing information?

I know every system is different, so it is possible that it is my system. But, I use another player as my primary player and I don't have any issues. However, with the Fab Player it always produces some graphic hic-hip (usually in the form on massive pixilation) at some point during the playback of a movie. Granted it is a short duration, less than 2 seconds. But, still distracting.

Some notes about what I'm working with hardware-wise and what I've done:

My hdmi chain goes from PC -> AVR -> Lumagen -> Projector. I tried removing the Lumagen from the chain to see if that would make a difference and it didn't. My PC hardware is fairly decent (GTX680, i5, 16GB ram, SSD) so I know it is not "struggling" to play anything.

I keep all my media on a file server, so I thought it might be a network/buffering issue or someting. So, I moved movies local to the machine and still the problems occur.

Also, for reference, these are main movie Blu-ray iso rips using DVD-fab. I've played about 12-15 using the Fab Player and about half of those I've also played using my other player and the Fab Player is the only one that glitches out.

I doubt anyone can offer much assistance here, but I wanted to make the issue known, if it isn't already, and offer up an logs or any info that I can provide to help.

Cheers!

My understanding is that DVDFab uses the libbluray from the vlc project, which maybe is not a mature BD framework, and so BD playback problems are to be expected.

Comment

Originally posted by qz3fwd View Post
      My understanding is that DVDFab uses the libbluray from the vlc project, which maybe is not a mature BD framework, and so BD playback problems are to be expected.
      Humm, odd they are using an open source project/library in a pay product, But if that is the case, then I guess the only hope for the Fab Player is to report something to the VLC team.

Thanks!

Comment

qz3fwd is incorrect. Please update your Fab Player to the current version and try the ISO playback again, the version you posted about is obsolete.
        Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
        Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Working...
        X