Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Blu Ray playback choppy

Hello,

I am experiencing choppy video playback and eventual freezing when watching BLU RAY iso's. This does not occur with DVD iso or with other MKV's. Unfortunately, I do not have any log files to post, as there are none created. I have tried switching through all 3 hardware acceleration modes, with no success. Hoping someone has had this problem and can assist to rectify. Thanks!

First off if you made the iso with Fab their is a dvd fabinternal log file and if you made a disk there's a burn file even if you burned with img burn.See the very bottom of my post on how to find and post log files.The last movie in the internal log is the most recent attempt you can cut and past just the movie you are having trouble with not all the logs in the folder.For the burn log most recent attempt is at the top so cut and paste that file only.

Those logs tell us what you did each step of the way and are needed otherwise it's a guessing game.You didn't even say what software program or player you used for playback.This can be a simple as burning the disk to fast or with cheap media problem to error's all which the log files will tell the story.

All you got to do is re do the process from the store brought disk and log files will be created.Your drives firmware could be out of date all a guessing game without the dvdfab internal log and the fab burn log or img burn logs.

Comment

All playback is choppy, I am going to revert to 2.4.1.0, 2.4.3.0 is very choppy playback in all modes, even file.
      Programmer in Python,Java,JavaScript,Swift,PHP,SQL,C#,C++,Go,R

Comment

Playback of BD from folder is smooth for me with 2430. I do not have any ISOs saved.
        Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
        Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

I tried a couple I had saved to an external HDD and they played smoothly so I thought it may be a recent development with Fab so I made an iso this morning from a BD and it too plays smoothly. Was the source iso made with DVDFab?
          How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
          Albert Einstein

Comment

I can confirm that the 'full disc' .ISO files stored on my NAS that I use for testing play okay with 2.4.3.0
            I SUPPORT 'FAIR USE'. MY MORALS PREVENT ME FROM HELPING ANYONE WHO OBTAINS COPYRIGHTED CONTENT ILLEGITIMATELY
            I've been testing hardware media playback devices and software A/V encoders and decoders since 2001 | My Network Layout and A/V Gear

Comment

I've noticed some choppiness on BD playback from HDD as well. Discs all ripped in Fab and played fine on previous versions of the player. Not all BD backups exhibit the choppiness though.

The choppiness looks like the video jumps a fraction of a second every few seconds - like it's dropping video frames trying to catch up with the audio track.

However, there is no choppiness when playing the same rip back on VLC or WMP. I also checked CPU, mem, and disk IO during playback and they are not an issue (nothing even close to maxing out). Nothing of note running in the background either. Also tried all hardware and software acceleration options to no effect.

Comment

Working...
              X