Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Aspect Ratio Problem with 21:9 display

To whom it may concern,

Recently I bought LG 34UM95, it is 3440 x 1440 (21:9 ratio) monitor. I have recently upgraded Media Player to the latest and I found there is display aspect ratio problem.

I can play BR in windows mode but when I try to play it in full screen mode. it is distorted, tried to adjust the aspect ratio but no use. somehow the video stays in bottom and stretched but not to the far end.

Please help!

Hi Zori, Maximizing the screen will not fill it out, F11 or select full screen from the drop menu will fill a 1920x1080 display edge to edge. I'll include a couple screen shots to demonstrate. If that doesn't work for you I would try setting the computer's display resolution to 1920x1080 for watching BR movies.
    Attached Files
    How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
    Albert Einstein

Comment

It would appear that DVDFab Media Player does not offer a dedicated 21:9 display option.

Such a player would need to be able to display the 'image only' area of a 2.35:1 or 2.40:1 movie and resize/up-scale the resulting vertical pixels (typically 816 or 800 pixels) it to suit the 1440 vertical pixel height of your display...
      I SUPPORT 'FAIR USE'. MY MORALS PREVENT ME FROM HELPING ANYONE WHO OBTAINS COPYRIGHTED CONTENT ILLEGITIMATELY
      I've been testing hardware media playback devices and software A/V encoders and decoders since 2001 | My Network Layout and A/V Gear

Comment

I paid to get ver. 2 cause I would like to try out on my new 21:9 monitor, it would be sad for me to change the default resoultion to watch Blu Ray. It does not have any aspect problems when running full screen on my old dell 30" (2560x1600) before (ver 1.x).

I tried to use Media Player Classic to play those MKV I ripped using DVDFab and they can be played nicely in correct aspect.

Comment

Originally posted by Zori View Post
          It does not have any aspect problems when running full screen on my old dell 30" (2560x1600) before (ver 1.x).
          I guess that's because 2560 pixels divided by 1600 pixels equals 1.6 or 16:10. Which is a lot closer to a standard 16:9 TV screen than 21:9...
          I SUPPORT 'FAIR USE'. MY MORALS PREVENT ME FROM HELPING ANYONE WHO OBTAINS COPYRIGHTED CONTENT ILLEGITIMATELY
          I've been testing hardware media playback devices and software A/V encoders and decoders since 2001 | My Network Layout and A/V Gear

Comment

Player has the flexibility to accommodate almost any display using the controls shown in the captures. Adjust zoom to make it fit and pixel ratio to get the correct decoded aspect ratio.
            Attached Files
            Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
            Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

That's interesting...

I wonder if it might be possible to add some more screen size options in here: -

Comment

You mean screen shape? Should be possible, VLC for example has a more extensive list.
                Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
                Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

I agree, Fab player should be also add more Aspect Ratio settings, e.g. 2.35:1, 2.39:1...

Wilson
                  Please post your logs the default location is:
                  For DVDFab 13: C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\DVDFab13\Log
                  For StreamFab: C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\StreamFab\log
                  Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.
                  If it's the burning issue, please also attach burn log.

Thanks!

Comment

Working...
                  X