simple mode, no response with top menu / pop menu

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

simple mode, no response with top menu / pop menu

I like the simple play mode as I don't have to select and go through all the menu before I watch a movie (i.e. in bluray iso file), however, in certain instance I may have to select menu (i.e. simply mode plays the wrong title), but when I click top menu or pop menu, there is no response. The only way to workaround this is to configure player with menu play mode in setting, and restart it again.

It is designed this way so that playback starts more quickly in simple mode. This could be a Feature Request if you want it to behave differently, but I think it would have to read and parse more files before starting playback.
    Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

new feature request

I wouldn't mind that this is classified as feature request (regardless that because the simple mode doesn't play the main title properly which causes the workaround to use the top/pop menu) as soon as there is a way for me to play the movie that I like.

I understand that the simple mode bypass reading menu info initially, and that explains why menu isn't available in simple mode, could you make it so that it reads the menu only when the feature is called, so in most cases media player would bypass reading the menu and plays the main title right the way (this is good!), but if user needs to run the menu, then it reads the menu even though it may take a while to do so?

Thanks.

Comment

Agreed!

I second this. Most of the time, simple play is great, but when I want to get to the menu, I don't want to have to change a setting, and restart the player. Skip the menu in Simple Play, but go back and load it in if it is requested.

Comment

I agree, something like this would be nice. It will require re-reading the disc I think but should not require closing and restarting the software after changing the setting. I changed this thread to a Feature Request.
          Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
          Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Working...
          X