TrueHD Audio Problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TrueHD Audio Problem

I'm experiencing an odd issue with playback of blu-ray titles with TrueHD audio. Every 10-15 minutes, either the audio will drop off or the title will freeze completely and I will have to restart the title and skip to where I left off. It only happened on a few titles and they weren't titles with Cinavia watermarking; I tried a bunch of titles and figured out it is only happening on titles that have TrueHD audio. Titles with DTS-HD-MA or other audio will play uninterrupted. (I even tried a Cinavia title with DTS-HD just to check - and didn't have the issue).

Can you help determine why this happens, and more importantly how to solve the problem? I could play the low quality audio track, but that kind of defeats half the purpose of watching a Blu-Ray.

Out of interest... Are you accessing the media files?
    I SUPPORT 'FAIR USE'. MY MORALS PREVENT ME FROM HELPING ANYONE WHO OBTAINS COPYRIGHTED CONTENT ILLEGITIMATELY
    I've been testing hardware media playback devices and software A/V encoders and decoders since 2001 | My Network Layout and A/V Gear

Comment

This has happened both watching a Blu-Ray ISO and from a Blu Ray disc.

Comment

Originally posted by singemfrc View Post
        So you have a disc drive in your computer then?
        I SUPPORT 'FAIR USE'. MY MORALS PREVENT ME FROM HELPING ANYONE WHO OBTAINS COPYRIGHTED CONTENT ILLEGITIMATELY
        I've been testing hardware media playback devices and software A/V encoders and decoders since 2001 | My Network Layout and A/V Gear

Comment

Yes, this isn't a mac. It's a desktop PC with both an internal and external blu ray drive. I've had the same issue both playing directly from the disc and copying first to ISO. It only happens with titles that have TrueHD audio tracks.
          Last edited by singemfrc; 08-23-2014, 09:58 PM.

Comment

I suggest you try transferring some of your problem (True HD) .iso files to your computers internal HDD to see if it plays without glitches...

Comment

Originally posted by SeeMoreDigital View Post
              I suggest you try transferring some of your problem (True HD) .iso files to your computers internal HDD to see if it plays without glitches...
              Thats what I was doing when I encountered the latest problem. The time before that I was playing an original BR disc. I'm going to see if I can find an older TrueHD title from a time when I didnt experience this problem to see if it acts the same way now, that would likely narrow it down to a newer version of MP.

Comment

Originally posted by singemfrc View Post
                Hi,singemfrc
                Our developers are working on it, Please wating, thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by geilee View Post
                  Hi,singemfrc
                  2.4.3.7 release notes say the issue has been fixed, but upon playing a TrueHD title, the same thing happens. For testing purposes, the title I was just watching was Grindhouse: Death Proof (2007) which froze at 7:55, and upon the title freezing, if I then chose the AC3 audio, the title immediately resumed playback.

Comment

Originally posted by geilee View Post
                    Hi,singemfrc
                    It's been 17 months since I posted about the problem, and I'm still having this issue on 2.5.0.5 on all titles with TrueHD audio. It is extremely aggravating that on some titles with only TrueHD, I have to first rip the disc and downgrade the HD audio in order to be able to watch them.

Comment

It's a weird one. I do find it most odd that nobody else has reported problems with TrueHD audio playback...

Comment

Originally posted by SeeMoreDigital View Post
                        It's a weird one. I do find it most odd that nobody else has reported problems with TrueHD audio playback...
                        Me too, since it seems to be all TrueHD titles without exception. At least with discs that have both a TrueHD and an AC3 or something I can choose the alt audio, but some only have TrueHD so I have to use another physical player or repeatedly stop and start playback every ~10 minutes.

Are you having the same problem?

Comment

I have not noticed it but will try some varied titles and see how they play.
                          Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
                          Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Originally posted by signals View Post
                            I have not noticed it but will try some varied titles and see how they play.
                            If you have it I was watching National Treasure 2 earlier today. For titles with a low def audio track I usually just switch to it, but this one only Had TrueHD, narration, alternate language, and commentary tracks - no regular low def english audio.

Whenever possible I have been making backups of TrueHD titles and stripping the audio, but it's annoying when I just want to quickly watch one and don't have time to rip and/or burn a copy first.

Plays fine for about 10 minutes, then mutes, then a few seconds later freezes. Changing audio track or stopping and restarting playback gets it going again but only for a few minutes and then the problem repeats.

Comment

I may have the DVD of NT2 but not the BD I do not think, I will try some others too.
                              Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
                              Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Working...
                              X