Frustrated!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Frustrated!

I have been using and cheerleading DVDFab Media Player since v1.000000. Up until recently, it almost always played everything I threw at it. Now, though, it just doesn't work. I am getting very frustrated. I put in Monster's University, a DVD disc. The drive spun up to high speed, Fab MP opened up, and then froze. I killed Fab MP, and reopened it. It froze again. Repeated this two more times. The drive never left high speed. I opened up another player, and the drive immediately spun down, and the movie started to play.

When Fab MP works, I really like it. But recently, it seems like less than 50% of the movies I try to play work! Almost everything I play is from a disc. Is playing from a disc just not important or supported anymore? Is anyone else having these types of issues?

fisch
    If others experience it they will start their own threads. Do you get any error messages? Are there any discs that it would play in the past that it can't play now?

Disc playback is still a very important feature, always will be.

What was the second player you tried?
    Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Disc Play

Sorry - I've been busy. It doesn't display any error message. It just doesn't play. The disc spins, but nothing happens. I can close Fab MP by clicking on the top right corner (The "red" X), but the player is otherwise unresponsive. It's like it's unable to read the disc properly or something. It locks the disc, goes into its "I'm about to play" mode, but can't start playing.

The other player is an older version of Power DVD, version 10, I think.

I like Fab MP, and want it to work. If anyone has any ideas on how to resolve this issue, please chime in! Thanks!

Comment

Update

I played Dragon Riders of Berk on the newly released version (2.4.4.1), and it worked. I will try some additional titles, and see how they do. Disney movies seem to be the worst. Dragon Riders of Berk is a Cartoon Network title, not a Disney title.

Monster's University was a NetFlix DVD that we had to send back, so I can't test it again.

Comment

Many of the Disney DVDs have that odd "Quick Play" menu that comes up before the real main menu, it may be confusing Fab Player. Simple mode should work on these however. Glad to hear the new version was better.
          Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
          Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Working...
          X