Massive CPU usage and lag

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Massive CPU usage and lag

Just wanted to report some issues I'm having with the latest build (2.4.4.1)

I have all my Blu-raus ripped to my media server as main movie only rips with the best audio (HD) as ISOs. On my HTPC, I load the ISO via Fab Player, via hardwired network connection and it takes up about 30+% of my cpu for a about 30 seconds or so. I can confirm this when using Software video modes and I believe it happens in all modes (divx and cuda). My guess is that it is trying to load up the thumbnails (please turn this "feature" off or make a toggle). It also causes the playback to pause until it is done doing whatever it is doing. I can hit play again, within the 30 second window, and it plays for a second or two, then pauses again. Like I said, after about 30 seconds, it will play ok. But, after all that, regardless of video mode (software, divx or cuda) the UI is very unresponsive. On the order of seconds to respond to mouse or keyboard commands.

Not sure what info you need or if you are aware of this, but I have windows 7 x64, i5 @ 4.5GH, NVidia 680. Additionally, I am using the free version of Fab Player using Simple mode.

Edit: Forgot to mention after that 30 second start up, the CPU drops down to 1-3%.

Thanks!

Please tell us the results if:
    • you play the same movie from a local drive on the HTPC
    • you play the same movie from a folder instead of an ISO
    • you play a video from a file, such as an MKV or MP4
    Need a little more info to sniff this out.
    Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Been busy, but here are the results using software mode for everything:

Play the same movie from a local drive on the HTPC - The CPU usage was slightly less, about 25% and it didn't pause. Additionally, the CPU spike only lasted about 10-15 seconds.

Play the same movie from a folder instead of an ISO - Same result lots of CPU use about 30-47% and pausing. If played locally then same as an iso, about 25% cpu and no pausing (spike about 10 seconds).

Play a video from a file, such as an MKV or MP4 - This doesn't seem to cause any issues. One thing to note is that I don't have any MKV or MP4s with HD Audio only DD or DTS.

Also, if I start a movie (iso) and pause it, I can see the thumbnails "loading up." After they are all loaded, then the CPU spike stops.

Comment

Wasapi

I should probably also mention that I'm using the WASAPI as my output device to get HD audio to my receiver.

Comment

Working...
        X