Instantly Crashes on Win8+

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Instantly Crashes on Win8+

Tested on Desktop PC and Notebook, both Windows 8.1 64bit.

I too have the instant crash when I start it on my 2 systems.

John

Comment

DVDFab Media Player 2.5.0.1 crashes for me also (running Win10 64-bit Build 9879). All I see is this: -

Cheers
      I SUPPORT 'FAIR USE'. MY MORALS PREVENT ME FROM HELPING ANYONE WHO OBTAINS COPYRIGHTED CONTENT ILLEGITIMATELY
      I've been testing hardware media playback devices and software A/V encoders and decoders since 2001 | My Network Layout and A/V Gear

Comment

Solved!: Uninstall completely and install again v2.5.0.1

Hello to ALL.

I can confirm that i also had this error, when opening the DVDFab Media Player v2.5.0.1, it crashed and that sreen opened automatically, no main screen nothing...

I tried then to uninstall completely the application, and then i installed it again.
        It worked ok, and now i can use it again with no errors.

PS: I'm running Windows 8.1 with all the latest updates 64bit version

Best regards,
        hrmuadib.

Comment

Well done... That works
          I SUPPORT 'FAIR USE'. MY MORALS PREVENT ME FROM HELPING ANYONE WHO OBTAINS COPYRIGHTED CONTENT ILLEGITIMATELY
          I've been testing hardware media playback devices and software A/V encoders and decoders since 2001 | My Network Layout and A/V Gear

Comment

I never had an issue, tried all sorts of BDs, I am using W7 64bit, I am however having an issue getting the new preview window to work.
            Last edited by Chameleon; 01-10-2015, 03:53 PM.
            Programmer in Python,Java,JavaScript,Swift,PHP,SQL,C#,C++,Go,R

Comment

OK here also on w7. Possibly a problem with early downloads or w8.
              Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
              Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

After reading this thread I rebooted to W8.1 and did a clean uninstall of Media Player, scrubbed the prefetch folder and the registry before installing and that worked for me first time. Thanks for the heads up.
                How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
                Albert Einstein

Comment

How about the new preview window, mousing over the eye on the bottom right?

Comment

Looks like it works okay but I had to click on it, mousing over didn't do anything.
                    Attached Files
                    How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
                    Albert Einstein

Comment

DVDFab is changing forum posts. That's sad, very, very sad. :-((

You know I told you before that this version crashes on Windows 8.1, "Mona", didn't I?

Comment

We have no idea what you are talking about. All posts that violate forum rules or policies (or just show bad manners) are subject to editing or deletion. We will be sure to let you know when your reviews are needed on how this forum operates. Take some time off.
                        Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
                        Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Originally posted by 3xaqua View Post
                          Tested on Desktop PC and Notebook, both Windows 8.1 64bit.
                          Originally posted by weehappypixie View Post
                          I too have the instant crash when I start it on my 2 systems.

John
                          Originally posted by SeeMoreDigital View Post
                          DVDFab Media Player 2.5.0.1 crashes for me also (running Win10 64-bit Build 9879). All I see is this: -

Cheers
                          Originally posted by 90312 View Post
                          After reading this thread I rebooted to W8.1 and did a clean uninstall of Media Player, scrubbed the prefetch folder and the registry before installing and that worked for me first time. Thanks for the heads up.

Hi all,

Do you install 2501 with overwrite installation from old version? Do you have change the Audio settings in the old version?

I can repro the crash issue in these steps on Win 10:
                          - Install the old version 2441.
                          - Change audio settings in Common Settings.
                          - Install the new version 2501 and got the crash.

It should be something wrong when init the audio playback device after overwrite installation on Win 8/8.1 or Win 10. And have no problem after overwrite installation if does not change the audio setting in old version.

Please do a clean unintall first and then install v2501.

We will check the issue ASAP. Thanks for your all feedback!

Wilson
                          Last edited by Wilson.Wang; 01-11-2015, 01:37 AM.
                          Please post your logs the default location is:
                          For DVDFab 13: C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\DVDFab13\Log
                          For StreamFab: C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\StreamFab\log
                          Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.
                          If it's the burning issue, please also attach burn log.

Thanks!

Comment

Yes, I can confirm that I performed an 'over-the-top' installation. And as soon as I launched the application, I got the 'Feedback' notice.

Prior to installing 2.5.0.1 I did not alter any audio settings. They are still as follows: -

Comment

This does not affect Windows 7 32 or 64 bit at all. The only thing that deos not work in Windows 7 is the preview window, the little eye in the right hand bottom.

Comment

Working...
                              X