Forced subtitles issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Forced subtitles issue

Playing an ISO clone of Captain Phillips Blu-ray (US version), which was made with DVDFab.

This Blu-ray has forced subtitles during the scenes spoken in Somali language.

If the ISO is played using menu mode, the forced subtitles show correctly. But if I skip chapters forwards or backwards during the movie, the forced subtitles stop showing.

If the ISO is played using simple mode, the forced subtitles do not show at all. I can turn on the English subtitles manually, but then it displays subtitles for both the English language scenes and Somali language scenes. The only way to get the forced subtitles to work correctly is to use menu mode and do not skip chapters.

Is there any solution?

I have exactly the same result, but with version 2.5.0.2. Still the same behavior as i74 posted. In Menu Mode, it works as long as you don't skip chapters. In Simple mode, it does not work.

Comment

Interesting...

I don't suppose either of you has the English version Fury to try and see if the German subtitles do they same thing as Captain Phillips?

FYI, Here is the thread I started about Fury's forced subs:
      <span style="color:blue"><b>Latest versions: <span style="color:red"> Fab Player v2.4.00 (Mac) |<span style="color:blue">| NEW VERSION:<span style="color:red">Fab Player v3.1.0.1 (Win) is out! </b></span>

Comment

I have reproduced this problem and will make sure the staff is notified. I believe an aspect of it is already on the "improvements" list.
        Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
        Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Working...
        X