Couple of issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Couple of issues

I have a couple of issues with the latest version of Media Player.

First, it seems to be a memory hog as playback is very jittery.

Second, for some reason it likes to turn on the subtitle track for "The Maze Runner". The movie starts with the track off and then as the movie progresses it just turns on.

I'll add to the "jittery" observation with a "skipping" one.

I began playing an "Ikiru" DVD with the prior DVDFab Media Player release when a notice of v2.5.0.1 availability popped up. I elected for the upgrade and after the updated Media Player restarted, I could no longer see the video + the player keeps skipping seemingly random numbers of seconds in the progress counter as it plays at 1x speed.

Meanwhile, I can still playback the DVD fine with Windows Media Player.

So, something has gone awry in either my upgrade process or the code in this upgrade, itself.

Comment

Good feedback on both issues, thanks. The developers will try to duplicate and correct them.
      Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
      Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Audio Issues with latest update

With version 2.4.4.1 i was playing DTS-HD Master and TrueHD movies great with 5.1 and 7.1 audio. Now with this latest version 2.5.0.1, I am only getting 2.0 channel. I have tried adjusting the settings in the player and my receiver shows only 2 channel and not 5.1 or 7.1 like it use to with the previous version.

Comment

Sound issues as well, Playing films with optical output connection for sound. Was able to play films in full digital 5.1 surround sound with last version (2.4) Since 2.5, only able to play films with:Unchecked

Dob Dig Ac3
          DTS receiver

In the media player main settings

If they are checked, film will play it seems in 4X or 2X the speed with no sound.
          Tried checking one setting then the other. either settings will cause film to speed up and not send the receiver into surround mode or any sound at all.

With the setting unchecked films will play with sound but doesn't let the surround receiver play in surround mode
          if you need more clarification let me know

Despite this set back, I'm really impressed by the media player. Keep up the great work.
          Last edited by mylive; 01-16-2015, 02:05 AM.

Comment

Hi,

I can confirm that the audio issue is happened on V2501. Video fast play and not have sound when connect audio receiver with HDMI.

First, it seems to be a memory hog as playback is very jittery.
            The playback jitter is also checking.

Second, for some reason it likes to turn on the subtitle track for "The Maze Runner". The movie starts with the track off and then as the movie progresses it just turns on.
            Did you play DVD with menu mode? Most of DVD should be turn off subtitle default when playing with Menu mode, but does not work in DVDFab Media Player. Fab Player will turn on subtitle default.

Wilson
            Please post your logs the default location is:
            For DVDFab 13: C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\DVDFab13\Log
            For StreamFab: C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\StreamFab\log
            Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.
            If it's the burning issue, please also attach burn log.

Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by Wilson.Wang View Post
              Hi,

Did you play DVD with menu mode? Most of DVD should be turn off subtitle default when playing with Menu mode, but does not work in DVDFab Media Player. Fab Player will turn on subtitle default.

Wilson
              No I was playing in simple mode (free version). Also I was playing a movie only ISO file from DVDFab.

Last night I went back to 2.4.4.1 and Maze Runner played perfectly. No Jitter and the subtitles started off and stayed off throughout the entire movie.

Comment

Originally posted by wader View Post
                I'll add to the "jittery" observation with a "skipping" one.

I began playing an "Ikiru" DVD with the prior DVDFab Media Player release when a notice of v2.5.0.1 availability popped up. I elected for the upgrade and after the updated Media Player restarted, I could no longer see the video + the player keeps skipping seemingly random numbers of seconds in the progress counter as it plays at 1x speed.

Meanwhile, I can still playback the DVD fine with Windows Media Player.

So, something has gone awry in either my upgrade process or the code in this upgrade, itself.
                As a followup, I can view the video stream with v2.5.0.1 when "CUDA" is no longer selected in the Video settings - however, this worked with the prior version. CUDA works with other programs on this NVidia GTX 760 video card.

I am still getting skipping at random times in the playback, where 2 or more seconds will be missed. This happens for both DVDs and Blu Ray discs.

Comment

Now that I've had chance to connect my laptop to my surround sound amplifier via HDMI, I can confirm that passing (SD and) HD bit-stream audio via HDMI is indeed broken
                  I SUPPORT 'FAIR USE'. MY MORALS PREVENT ME FROM HELPING ANYONE WHO OBTAINS COPYRIGHTED CONTENT ILLEGITIMATELY
                  I've been testing hardware media playback devices and software A/V encoders and decoders since 2001 | My Network Layout and A/V Gear

Comment

Hi,

Please update to the latest version 2502 and try again.

The DVD jitter issue and the audio passthrough issue are fixed.

Wilson
                    Please post your logs the default location is:
                    For DVDFab 13: C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\DVDFab13\Log
                    For StreamFab: C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\StreamFab\log
                    Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.
                    If it's the burning issue, please also attach burn log.

Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by Wilson.Wang View Post
                      Please update to the latest version 2502 and try again.

The DVD jitter issue and the audio passthrough issue are fixed.
                      I can confirm that the 'HD audio pass-through issue' has been solved using v2.5.0.2...

Thanks
                      I SUPPORT 'FAIR USE'. MY MORALS PREVENT ME FROM HELPING ANYONE WHO OBTAINS COPYRIGHTED CONTENT ILLEGITIMATELY
                      I've been testing hardware media playback devices and software A/V encoders and decoders since 2001 | My Network Layout and A/V Gear

Comment

Working...
                      X