This is already known I think

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is already known I think

Hello, I am trying the try before you buy at this time. Good program and worth every dime. For me it plays Blu-Ray ISO good enough. But it will not play one DVD ISO no matter what.

Once this is fixed a lifetime is worth it to me as you don't need a virtual drive which is sweet. I even tried a DVD from a drive don't work, I assume this is already known.

I just wish it was updated more frequent like the other programs I.E. DVDFab for example.

Hi Badnews
    No, that is not known. Please try a different disc or a different drive and tell us the result. I just played the DVD of Insurgent with v2.5.0.3, no problem.

Oooops, did not see that you meant ISO of DVD. Plays discs fine, checking an ISO.

Yeah DVD ISO plays fine also using Open Files button or drag and drop.
    Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Your correct it does work but not on all my computers, I have 7 computers running. All x64 Win7. The computer in question Plays Blu-Ray ISO's no problem and MKV's no problem. But will not play DVD ISO's or the disc.

Now when it comes to burners I have both Blu-Ray and DVD burners, Like 40 of them.

This one computer the player did complain when I installed it and said reinstall because of msvcr100.dll. It wouldn't play anything at first.

I took the Dynamic library file off another x64 computer and put a copy of the DLL in System32 dir and the SYSWOW64 dir. That made it work but DVD will not work. This is in Win7 pro, Now my Win7 x64 Ultimate machines the msvcr100.dll is only in the system32 dir and everything works. And I'm testing with the same movie so its not the movie/Disc.

Comment

Can windows explorer see the drive and open the DVD disc when you put one in it? Is the software environment on the machines the same, possibly something installed on the one that won't work compared to the others? Maybe check the registry filters for that drive to see if something has placed a filter that may be blocking access by other applications. ?? Very strange problem.
        Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
        Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Originally posted by signals View Post
          Can windows explorer see the drive and open the DVD disc when you put one in it? Is the software environment on the machines the same, possibly something installed on the one that won't work compared to the others? Maybe check the registry filters for that drive to see if something has placed a filter that may be blocking access by other applications. ?? Very strange problem.

The main computer I built has a SATA Blu-Ray pioneer burner internal and Win7 Ultimate, Works perfect,

The other 6 computers are laptops but commercial Dell Lattitudes on docking stations and external monitors 20" or bigger, Some will only work with DVDFab only and not the other guys software.

Some will work with both, So I guess I'll figure all ok because it is rare I bother with DVD's. Saying this the other 6 computers use USB drives but the external Blu-Ray drive I use on USB 3.0 only.

So no big deal, I still use Pioneer drives flashed with buffalo firmware and real Plextors 760A etc, Was heavy into it years ago when CDFREAKS was around, I know they still are under a different title. Plus well IRC if you know where to go 1080P MKV's whatever you want. So I'll call it all good.

The eye catcher to this player software is that I can dump Total Media player and don't need any virtual drive to play ISO's. To me that's a big selling point to me right there and it isn't a space hog.

I still need the DVD Rom drives as the Blu-ray drives I can't firmware flash them to book type DVD ROM.

I have to remove the filters, It's been years and I have forgot. But this player is so small and does so much is why I assume like me the interest. Some other company promised something like this but it never happened and it's been to long of a time if it ever will happen.

Thanks for the advice and help, I'm 10 years older and getting up there, Aren't we all. I have to go read to tell you the truth how to remove the filters. I forgot a lot.

P.S. The newest external Blu-Ray drive I use is a Asus, Which again is a Pioneer, Most likely a 206 or 207 and works well external on USB 3.0 on those docked Dell Laptops.

Comment

Hi BadnewsThe easiest way for me to find the filters is through ImgBurn, install it, Open ImgBurn > Tools > Filter Driver Load Order.
            Removal of filters can also be done with ImgBurn.
            Hope this helps
            CBR929
            Last edited by CBR929; 09-05-2015, 12:59 PM.
            Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Setting Up ImgBurn and DVDFab to work together

Tips for Posting DVDFab Logs in the Forum

Comment

Yes, by all means do what CBR929 suggested using the ImgBurn Tools. It is free if you don't already have it. Click the 'Copy to Clipboard' button, then open Notepad or some other text editor and Paste the results there so you can see them better. Do this on the machines that won't read DVDs.

Comment

All machines have Imgburn on it, I wouldn't use anything else!, Thanks. I'll start one by one

Comment

I have noticed this, The program crashes if you play a protected iso, I tried making one with DVDFab and another sw both made the player crash.

And I used a old movie to TOURIST to test

Comment

This is a known issue, see this thread for a workaround: http://forum.dvdfab.cn/showthread.php?t=27809

Comment

Working...
                    X