Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Won't play DVD

Hello,

Well I went to use media player for the first time and it updated.

I tried to watch "Ender's Game" and it plays opening screen then freezes.
    I tried changing audio settings and it simply wont play past 9 seconds.
    Did feedback in Media Player so hope you got the logs.

Please let me know.
    Thanks in advance
    Gren

Gren
    Try downloading the full installer from the link here in the forum and running it As Administrator and let it install over what you have there now.

I will try it too if I have the DVD of this title, I do have the Blu-ray I think.
    Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

No luck with suggest fix

Hey Signals,

Did as you said to do and it did not work.
      It plays for a few seconds then freezes up hitting fast forward or other buttons does not help.

To close Media Player I have to go to task manager and end task.

For knowledge i am running Windows 8.1 64bit with all updates.
      Not sure why there is problem but i am about to send logs again from inside Media Player.

Please let me know.
      Thanks in advance
      Gren

Comment

Update

Hey Signals,

Well I tired a bunch of DVD's today and the ones I tried work.

So its only "Ender's Game" that does not work.
        If I find others as I use them I will let you know.
        I don't watch movies often so if I find others it may be awhile before I post any others.

If you find a fix for "Ender;s Game" please let me know.
        Thanks in advance
        Gren

Comment

Thanks for the feedback. Are you playing an original disc or a DVDR backup? Still looking for my copy, which may be a BD.
          Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
          Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Found it, I actually have the BD+DVD Combo pack. It does not play in either Play mode for some reason. Something will need an update and I will send the developers the files they need to fix it. As a temporary workaround, you can use Passkey to open the disc (if you have it), it then plays perfectly in Fab Player 2.

Comment

Thanks for update

Hey Signals,

Sorry for the delayed response, been kind of sick lately.

Thanks for the update and for the help.
              I am glad it did same thing for you as I thought I had bad luck..

Anyways thanks again.
              Have a great day.
              Gren

Comment

Working...
              X