Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cannot reliably use hardware acceleration for blu ray title

Hi,
    We rented "Avengers: Age of Ultron" blu ray yesterday and found that it would play through the Title menu and random parts of the movie previews, but then the display goes black while audio seems to continue playing - skipping through the disc doesn't alleviate the situation. Sometimes, it would just start "chugging" with the disc and require a program stop.

I found that running Media Player 2 (2.5.0.5) in "software" decoding mode works more reliably, but that the above problems occur when selecting DXVA or CUDA. Is this a known problem when selecting hardware acceleration, perhaps?

This Windows 7 64-bit system (32GB RAM) uses a NVidia GTX 760-based display card with 4GB.

- wader

I have a GTX 980 and I don't have any luck either. I just leave it set to software and all is well.
    How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
    Albert Einstein

Comment

Could be the nvidia driver version. That seems to be the cause of most CUDA problems within DVDFab. Try rolling back to an earlier one.
      Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
      Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Originally posted by signals View Post
        Could be the nvidia driver version. That seems to be the cause of most CUDA problems within DVDFab. Try rolling back to an earlier one.
        I have an Asus matrix GTX 980 with the latest drivers and have no issues.
        Programmer in Python,Java,JavaScript,Swift,PHP,SQL,C#,C++,Go,R

Comment

Are we all on the same page? This thread is about playback with mediaplayer right? I don't have issues with DVDFab. Set the mediaplayer to anything but software and problems.
          How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
          Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by 90312 View Post
            Are we all on the same page? This thread is about playback with mediaplayer right? I don't have issues with DVDFab. Set the mediaplayer to anything but software and problems.
            Yes, that's the issue, thanks: I'm only describing Media Player's current inability to use hardware acceleration in a stable fashion on my system.

I am using the latest NVidia drivers and really don't want to downgrade.

By contrast, DVDFab 9 seems fine when set to use hardware acceleration for encoding.

- wader

Comment

I can confirm this h264 playback problem with DXVA and CUDA.
              Since v2.5.x I only have a black screen with sound.
              The thumbnails with the mousepointer over the timeline are shown correctly.
              The latest working version for me is v2.4.4.1
              Tested on two Win10-PC GTX275 and ION and the version of the nvidia driver does not matter.
              Btw: other player like MPC work fine with CUDA

- Chris

Comment

same here, last working is v2.4.4.1
                the new 2.5.x play my bluray with low fps rate, both DXVA or software.
                same AMD video driver (I have try an update from AMD site without success).

if I can help in some way (log, ecc...) please tell me how.

regards.

Comment

I have 4 computer Win7Pro x64. All updates. The latest versions of video drivers.
                  Video cards:
                  Nvidia GeForce GTX 660 Ti
                  ATI Radeon HD 7750 (2 pcs.)
                  Intel HD 3000 (in the laptop)

Hardware acceleration (DXVA and CUDA) does not work anywhere for about a year.
                  There is only sound and a black screen.

Software decoder running everywhere.

Comment

My PC is running Win10 x64 Pro. Using the video adapter "Intel Iris Pro Graphics 6200" as the only graphic card the newest player version (2.5.0.5) is running smoothly with Intel Quick Sync .

But it's quite curious that DVDFab (9.2.1.5) is not supporting IQS on the same machine [outdated link removed].

Best regards
                    messer

Comment

messer
                      It is not for you to comment on other threads or problems that you are not experiencing. An old thread in a different forum is not a proper subject for the Media Player forum. Start a thread of your own in the correct forum if you are experiencing this.
                      Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
                      Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

I'm also having the same issue of black screen with sound that is skipping forward.

My setup is Nvidia 680 using driver version 358.50.

Comment

Windows 10 Pro x64. The latest driver Nvidia.
                          Nvidia GeForce GTX 660 Ti
                          DVDFab Media Plaer 2.5.0.5

Software decoder - OK
                          DVXA - OK
                          CUDA - does not work. Only the sound and black screen

Comment

Working...
                          X