Video Stops, Audio Plays

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Video Stops, Audio Plays

I've got a strange issue with the DVDFab Media player.

My Video will Freeze (Audio keeps playing), and I'm unable to get Video to restart even if I pause & restart the movie, the only way to get the movie playing again is to stop it, and restart the movie (and then skip forward to the area I was playing)

OS Windows 10 Home x64
    12G Ram, Intel i5

Playing via Folder ISO Rip.

All the above is triggered by the UAC Prompt when I start applications (Visual Studio for example) in Admin mode.

Happens each time I start Visual Studio so far.

Note: I can play the movie no problem After Visual Studio has opened and while it's running.

Folder ISO rip? Is it a BDMV folder or an ISO file? Was it made with DVDFab?

Try:
    1)turn off hardware acceleration in Fab Player
    2)turn off UAC (if possible in Win10)
    3)mount the image with DVDFab Virtual Drive (free) (should not be necessary)
    Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

DVD Ripped using DVDFab 9 (Licensed Version)

BDMV Folder (Video/Audio Folder with VOB Files)

DVD Player settings -
      Play Mode -> Simple Mode
      Video - All set to Software
      Audio : Optical/ DirectSound S/PDIF / 2.0

Comment

Protector
        Please clarify for me whether this is a DVD or a Blu-ray. BDMV folder=Blu-ray, VOB files=DVD, DVD should be in a VIDEO_TS folder. Folders should be played by selecting the Open Disc Folder option, ISO files with Open Files.
        Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
        Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Sorry,
          DVD Rip to VOB Files in d:\DVDs\MOVIE\VIDEO_TS\***.vob

Movie was playing fine UNTIL I opened Studio. the act of opening Visual Studio stopped the Video, but not the Audio of the DVD.

Also have DVDFab Pass Key installed

Just tested this with a DVD Also (Start Visual Studio in Admin Mode)
          same effect. (Video Freezes, Audio plays)

Will test with Blu-Ray later.

Also I've got one screen in Portrait mode (Had to switch from another DVD Player as it couldn't handle a monitor being in Portrait mode at all)

Comment

Also same effect on BluRay Disk.

Comment

FYI Lowered (Not turning off) UAC so it doesn't "Dim" the desktop seems to solve the problem.

But why is the desktop dimming killing video playback?

Comment

Working...
              X